Stoptech Stainless Brake Lines For Gen4

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed one on the front last night. Seems like it needs to be an inch longer. At full lock the line is stretched very tight. Installed with fittings at the best angle while not letting line touch the a-arm. Compared it to stock line and it appears to be the same length. Sure seems tight though. Anyone else notice this?

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the suspension hanging down, or is it tight with the suspension at normal road height (meaning tire on the ground)?

OP
OP
V

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I figured out the "problem". The angle of the bracket that screws to the frame and the angle of the caliper fitting on the factory line does not match the Stoptech line. The angles on the Stoptech line are 90 degrees. Bending the bracket on the Stoptech line to match the factory line relieved the strain on the line at full lock. It made a huge difference and I'm sure if I bent the caliper fitting a bit that would help even more but I left it as is.

Pics of the factory line:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
V

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't bend the line. Mine fit perfect. If yours don't, I would send them back for a new set.

Didn't and don't need to. Just bending the frame bracket was all that was needed.