Storm Chasers..Hurricane Frances and the Florida V-10 National racers

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Florida posse will be(hopefully)chasing Hurricane Frances out of the state of Florida with our trucks and trailers. We were scheduled to leave the state of Florida early Sunday morning. But due to the hurricane Frances doing its pass thru Florida with it's destruction, we will have to let it pass by our families and our businesses first to make sure that all is well before we leave.

The people that will be leaving will be myself...Cudaman(Ward Reasoner), Vern Hill, Fuelman(John Canal)and his wife, Gary Saultis and his wife(Vern's driver), Larry Macedo, Lee and Joe Saunders, and others.

I am sure it will be an adventure to get to another V-10 Nationals and VOI. I know it took me a trip from half way around the world (Australia) to get to the last V-10 Nationals.

I hope and pray for all the people in the state of Florida to get thru another another major/killer hurricane and then the V-10 National racers traveling thru it path of destruction to get to the races.

Cudaman :usa:

Reaction score
Ward -

I hope you and your family will be safe during the storm. I'm attempting to make the haul to VOI, but I'm much further south which means my travel will endure the direct effects by the storm throughout the state of Florida. Of course my concern is safe travel and availability of gasoline. Most stations are out of fuel and won't be refueled until after the storm. I'll be in need of diesel, do you think it will be available?

Stay safe and Best of Luck to everyone!
Doug :usa:

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Doug, the Governor says that they are trying to keep the turnpike plaza's full of fuel, but difficult with so many people leaving. Hopefully the storm will continue to weaken. For the rest of us, I guess we will have to wait and see what the destruction is before we can leave.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Doug.

If you have fuel in your area, I'd load up and take it with you cause all the reports I've heard is that fuel is hard to find. I've also heard that I-75 is REALLY backed up.

Chad

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am toying with the idea of leaving before the storm , since it is going so slowly. I will NOT leave until I know my family is out of harms way. At this point if it stays on track, I will have that window of opportunity to go out ahead of the storm....hopefully nothing will slow me down (flats), because I do not want the hurricane to catch on the road pulling my trailer.

As for diesel fuel I can go approximately 400- 500 miles on a tank full. Doug I believe that diesel would be more plentiful because not many cars use it. Local gas stations run out gasoline, while still having diesel...although I am going to bring extra cans of diesel fuel.

Wendy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the scary part. As of the news update at 4pm, they were saying that it could be up to 2 weeks before we get any fuel deliveries...... :crazy:

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck Babel and myself drove out of Florida with 40-65 mpg winds and rains. It was preaty hairy to say the least.

We stayed with Mike S.(96 RT/10).Chuck 2 Viper Babel pushed on to New Orleans to stay with 2 Viper Mary. Mike and his wife were kind enough to let us stay with them.

I went to were Mike works, he is a helicopter pilot/teacher for the Army.

You must be registered for see images

Mike and his son

Thanks Mike...

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn it's windy here, STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we actually got about a 2 foot storm surge. The water is up to my dock and waves are going over. You can't imagine what will leak in your house when the rain goes sideways instead of down.

Hope everyone is/has been doing well. It seems this storm was (still is!) more of a nuisance than anything else, except for the trailer parks of course. Wind loves trailers.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad ....glad to hear you and Niki are OK.

It was fun dodging tire parts from 96 RT/10 :D .....

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you guys made it out to the V10 Nats in one piece, wish I were there to enjoy the festivities. One word comes to mind regarding the flat...Maintenance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine