Street Serpent #5

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
WOW !!! Looks incredible. You beat me to the finish, but the margin of victory will be small as I just ordered some paint to spray a few test panels - Dark Kandy Red it is. Hope that there is a VOI 10 so that we can get #1, #3, and #5 (and hopefully more) together for a group photo.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Rick is EXTREMELY happy with the results on the car. There were four of us from the New England club and a couple of people from the Illinois club who joined us at Jeff's shop to check out the results. Needless to say the car is stunning, even moreso in person that in pictures. I went through these really quickly just to get them up on the site for your viewing enjoyment, but I will be re-processing them to get the colors a little more correct. The yellow on the car REALLY pops in person when compared to the pictures. Well, enjoy!

You must be registered for see images

And the happy new owner of SS #5

And the mastermind behind this Beauty!

:usa: Nick :usa:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick--GREAT pictures, thanx for posting them...Jeff, as always, AWESOME work...love the little touch there of the Viper Wine on the car! ~juli

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperguynick,

Those are some good shots! Here's a couple more. High res versions are in my pics.

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

Jeff

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous. I will be posting pics of my "pumpkin" shortly. But my fit is nowhere near as good as Jeff's.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looks a little pissed here. My guess is that he is thinking "I want to keep this one" :D

I think that is my favorite street serpent yet. :2tu:

That might not be far from the truth. Actually, I look tired/exhausted in that pic, but I really was enjoying the excitment with everyone.

I noticed there are a couple of pics where the trunk was not closed (shot with me and first top up pic). It makes the lines look off..... OK, starting now I will remove my critical eye and enjoy the finished product.

Jeff

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Yelloh - attention to detail looks BEAUTIFUL. Emblems, wheels, interior really came together nicely. Jeff, sure hope you got a pic of #1 & #3 together.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to do it before the yelloh car leaves. I live a mile down a dirt road that is pure mud right now so I may have to find a way to trailer it to the shop.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! What's going on with the Gen I/II in the background???

Popular opinion is that a gen 1 or 2 car is the elite in Viper styling and that a gen 3 car is off the mark. The idea of having the Street Serpent next to the "reference" car is a real test to see if the emotional stying impact is getting closer to what it should be.

We played this game with the average joe's that would walk into the shop, asking them which car they would like to take home (gen 1,2, or an unmodified 3 car all being displayed in front of them). The gen 2 won the contest EVERY TIME. We play this game with the Street Serpent car in place of a reguar gen 3, and we get about a 60/40 split in favor of the SS.

I'm pretty happy with that kind of response.

Jeff

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks amazing. I wonder how it would look with slightly more aggressive offset wheels and deeper lip in the back...

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely STUNNING!! :jawdrop:

That was me when I came back to this thread looking at the first pictures of the finished result :omg: The car just looks SICK!
Jeff, PLEASE tell me you will replicate the set in scale 1:18 some time this year, my fingers are more than itching to have a go at my red SRT!

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I just came back from seeing the car from A P Engineering. It was awesome to have 4 guys from the NE Club fly out to see the car with me. I have to tell you the car looks unbelievable, it's a totaly different car. The styling, and the aggresive look and all the details on the car.
I first saw Jeff and his car at VOI# 9. His car looked awesome and I could picture my car in Yelloh. I always liked the comp coup look. I took a card and said "you will hear from me". And in the fall I called Jeff, he said " come on out and see the car again", and I'll answer all your questions. I have to tell you, I was so nervous on having my car done. I knew how it was going to look, but taking a perfectly good car and stripe it down and rework it. I was affraid people might look at the car and say, what did he do to his car. I can tell you right know , it's such a good feeling when you know you made a great decision.
I just want to say a few nice things about Jeff, everyone has seen the quality of his work on his posts. There were a few issues that came up like, seeing something questionable when taking off the wheels. Jeff had me order some parts and he fixed a few issues like that. UPS damaged my splitter when shipping to him and it wasn't insured ( what a blunder on my part ). You can't even tell, it was ever damaged. He knew I track my car and felt that the brackets were questionable so he made new ones. He also sprayed an amour guard clear coat to the front end so I wouldn't have to put the 3M clear guard on it. I offered to pay for the extras, he just said let me see how long it takes first, then said it wasn't that bad don't worry about it. I just wanted everybody to know what a great person he is. You can tell when he is working on your car, it's like he is working on his car. You couldn't ask for better person than that to work on your car.
I hope all the people who have tuned into these posts get to see one of Jeff's works of art up close. I truly feel the car looks so much better in person than in a picture. My car is leaving to come home this week. And I can't wait to get it back. It was nice to hear all the all the compliments about Jeff and his work. I am really psyched on the way the car came out, and the best post that describs the car is " it's SICK! looking. Now if spring can just get here I have some driving to do. Thanks Jeff for Everything

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R