Stripe Opinion(s).......................

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all I have a 2004 Black SRT-10 Convertible (With iForged wheels / matte black center and polished lip) and am looking to put a 08 style hood on it over the winter. Since it has to get paint work I am also considering changing the car up a bit by adding some stripes, I know there are lots of opinions on stripe width, covering the 08+ vents or not, etc. My preference is to not have going through the vents, I don’t like the 08+ thinner stripe width as much, therefore I am thinking if I do stripes I would taper such as redtanrt10 did on his/her Red & Silver car here redtanrt10 pics (I know it is a coupe but you get the idea).

Now where the opinion part comes in is that I don’t want in your face stripes and am thinking of a matte/flat black stripe on a black car (match the wheels).......................do you think it would look good, be subtle, but still set the car apart a bit from others? Or just a waste and not enough contrast to warrant doing?

Thanks,

Tony2

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly what I wanted when I ordered my '08. Obviously I didn't go that way (predominantly due to cost and the amount of extra time required by Prefix) so its hard for me to compare. My first viper was sapphire blue w/o stripes, so I did want some SLIGHT change like you.

IMO, I think the black on black stripes would look extraordinary, for a while. In time I think you will want something just a bit more obvious. In my case I wound up with graphite stripes on black, which is FAR less obvious that silver. You might want to consider something just a bit less subtle than matte black. I think that even a dark gray, in the long run, will be more pleasing.

But color is a very personal thing. I can honestly say that I'm thrilled that I ultimately wound up with graphite stripes rather than black matte stripes..and that's from someone who also wanted to be "ultra- subtle."

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO a black car with black stripes is the best. a guy on this site has a GTS setup that way and it might even be for sale too if you wanna search for it to get ideas.

city's car looks amazing/perfect with the graphite stripes but i think without his rear wing the SRT vert might not looks nearly as good. just my opinion on srt's wth stripes

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
city's car looks amazing/perfect with the graphite stripes but i think without his rear wing the SRT vert might not looks nearly as good. just my opinion on srt's wth stripes

Didn't think of that. I hate Plum for consistently pointing out my inadequacies. I'll get you yet! :nunu:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO a black car with black stripes is the best. a guy on this site has a GTS setup that way and it might even be for sale too if you wanna search for it to get ideas.

Didn't think of that. I hate Plum for consistently pointing out my inadequacies. I'll get you yet! :nunu:

Im going to have to disagree. Here is an '08 without the Aero Kit. Black with the Graphite stripes looks really good.

2008 viper - ViperClub Classifieds

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
austin, i dont argue with YOU when it comes to this stuff usually but city's car looks MUCH better IMO and its cause for some reason the wing just works perfectly with the stripes on it.

OP
OP
T

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

city's car looks amazing/perfect with the graphite stripes but I think without his rear wing the SRT vert might not looks nearly as good. just my opinion on srt's wth stripes

plumcrazy,

Thanks for the heads up on that car!! I had not seen a black Viper with matte stripes before, was just going off of what I thought might look good and :wow: I think I quite like it!!

Large Pic of triblk6spd car

Citysnake,

Your car looks awesome too!! I am just trying to be different (or maybe difficult) as mentioned to plum I have not seen a black Viper with matter stripes.

Thanks for the input all, keep it coming! :2tu:

Tony2

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got an e-mail from JRT about holiday gift ideas, and there they advertised the snakeskin stripes.....now if you could get those in a matte------KILLER!:headbang:

PBR

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
austin, i dont argue with YOU when it comes to this stuff usually but city's car looks MUCH better IMO and its cause for some reason the wing just works perfectly with the stripes on it.

I guess I'd have to see it in person. That GTS looks badass.:cool:

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting mine painted on (same color). The vinyl decals are not really what I wanted. What do you guys think. I need to find a shop in Socal.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting mine painted on (same color). The vinyl decals are not really what I wanted. What do you guys think. I need to find a shop in Socal.

You must be registered for see images attach

The pin stripe doesnt look good, but other than that, go for it. I just noticed that they didnt finish the stripes. Weird.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pin stripe doesnt look good, but other than that, go for it. I just noticed that they didnt finish the stripes. Weird.

Probably because they are vinyl....and I totally agree, do the front fascia and forget the pin stripes.

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte