Stripes

FLYTWA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm having some vinyl stripes laid down on my 05 Srt. Just wondered if anyone had some hi-res front and back pictures w/stripes. Also any body knows the dimensions of the the stripes it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Darsh

05 yellow Srt

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have an 05 vert in Yellow that I have been thinking of stripes. Is there any problem removing them at any time. Does it make a difference how long they stay one ? Any idea of price for material and job?

OP
OP
F

FLYTWA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm having them put on in LaGrange Il at Custom Cars. Figured that if I didn't want the stripes over time I can remove them. I'm also having the diffuser painted flat black.
The whole thing including paint and the vinyl should run between $600-$700.
Anyone have the width dimensions of the stripes?

Darsh

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Search for many posts on stripe width. But I think it is about 9" wide with 4" gap between stripes. Only problem with vinyl is you wont be able to go through the hood scoop like factory painted stripes. There isnt any way of getting vinyl to bend around without cutting and piecing,which looks bad. Anywas, post pics when you get it done.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The Gen 2's were generally 8" stripes with 4" spacing. In one post not long ago, someone specified the stripe dimensions for each year and they were a couple of millimeters off from year to year.

I just put 8" stripes with 4" spacing on my '98 GTS and it looks great (stock). Don't know specifically on your Gen 3...

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the 2006 Coupe the stripes are tapered. They are an inch wider in the back than the front. It's a gradual change. Looks hard to duplicate to me.