Stripes??

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any infomation on stripes for the new beast?

Will there be the two as with past GENs or will there be one fat one down the middle?

I like stripes on coupes.

Thankx!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally asked this question to Ralph at the Gala, and he thought stripe pics/info would be available in 6-8 weeks...with blue/white 100% a reality. Take it for what it's worth.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally asked this question to Ralph at the Gala, and he thought stripe pics/info would be available in 6-8 weeks...with blue/white 100% a reality. Take it for what it's worth.

Nice. Seems pretty cool that you actually got to talk to Ralph. I thought it would be mobbed and you wouldn't be able to. Did he say anything about why "only" 640hp?

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does look good with stripes... Like every other Viper before it :D

You must be registered for see images

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the press reveal I had a discussion with the head designer of SRT and the head designer of the Viper project and they confirmed stripes. There will be two options. The SRT will get "full" stripes" that go through the front cross hair grill. The GTS will get stripes that stop will tamper and stop at the nose. The SRT stripes will be available on the GTS as an option (just like the SRT hood) In addition, they are considering leaving unpainted sections of the hood, roof, and truck lid in raw carbon, which would be an interesting stripe option. As for colors, they said that there will be the full spectrum for both of their client targets. The GTS is aimed at the older, grand tourer buyer, so there will be silvers, blues, etc. And then a host of "skittles" colors (their words). They also said that they had something "really special" planned for one of the colors. If I remember correctly they confirmed 8 colors on launch. I'm guessing the "special" color will be something matte. Maybe like the Alpha 4c?
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does look good with stripes... Like every other Viper before it :D

You must be registered for see images

I think if this was the launch car, there would be less dissention amongst the ranks. Unfortunately their target audience is someone who would never buy a Viper.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if this was the launch car, there would be less dissention amongst the ranks. Unfortunately their target audience is someone who would never buy a Viper.

I don't find that fair, I've followed every bit of the car since it's birth and I still plan ob buying one someday so why can't I be enthusiatic about it and share my opinion?

You know I tried so hard to go to the auto show this year. I wanted to go so badly and for the last 7 years in a row I've been denied press passes. Of course of all years, for this to happen, I wanted to go so badly. Then the car leaked and I started losing interest cause I knew I wasn't going to be at the Javitz.

But whatever, I probably missed a once in a life time event.

--RS

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The killer paint is the two-tone work done for the GST-R, really highlighting the new hood's shape.

Ideally, stripes would be available for those that like the more retro/classic look... and two-tone GTS-R-style paint for drivers that prefer an updated visual.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The killer paint is the two-tone work done for the GST-R, really highlighting the new hood's shape.

Ideally, stripes would be available for those that like the more retro/classic look... and two-tone GTS-R-style paint for drivers that prefer an updated visual.

It's funny isn't it that with all the debate love it or hate it with the Gen 5 that the GTS-R gets almost universal approval in looks and design.
Obviously its a race car and can get away with things a street car cannot but...
It tells you that a lot of Viper guys want the more extreme in your f'ing face look that the orignal Gen 2 offered for its time.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember exactly where this is coming from, I've been reading so many articles lately about the Gen V, but I heard They will offer 2 styles of stripes initially: one for the Gts and another for the base model.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember exactly where this is coming from, I've been reading so many articles lately about the Gen V, but I heard They will offer 2 styles of stripes initially: one for the Gts and another for the base model.
lol. Did no one read my post above. :)

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go for an exposed carbon fiber stripe on a red or yellow car but I'd probably stay monotone if that doesn't end up being an option. The new car does look a little more Euro so striping isn't as essential as with the earlier cars. My GTS doesn't have a stripe either but mine is Saphire Blue and I didn't really like silver. I would have bought white stripes if that was an option at the time.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't find that fair, I've followed every bit of the car since it's birth and I still plan ob buying one someday so why can't I be enthusiatic about it and share my opinion?

You know I tried so hard to go to the auto show this year. I wanted to go so badly and for the last 7 years in a row I've been denied press passes. Of course of all years, for this to happen, I wanted to go so badly. Then the car leaked and I started losing interest cause I knew I wasn't going to be at the Javitz.

But whatever, I probably missed a once in a life time event.

--RS

I think you missed my point. I said the blue and white car should have been the launch car but that Dodge is going after the Porsche crowd. It wasn't meant as a negative comment to anyone.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's funny isn't it that with all the debate love it or hate it with the Gen 5 that the GTS-R gets almost universal approval in looks and design.
Obviously its a race car and can get away with things a street car cannot but...
It tells you that a lot of Viper guys want the more extreme in your f'ing face look that the orignal Gen 2 offered for its time.

For me it's the wider stance . Bigger bulges that make the new GTSR look more menacing. When the new Viper comes out. I want to get one with the same color combo (single striped) like my current ACR..

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
ViperJon and Bushido nailed it. The low, wide stance and menacing look is what draws me. Kind of a modern take on the ORECA cars.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the press release given out at the gala "Both the Viper and GTS models feature their own unique optional stripe pattern in three available colors including Black, Bright White and Gunmetal Pearl."
I'll post the pdf files if someone can help me with how to do that.