stupid Paxton question...

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I broke my belt the other night and have since gotten everything back together. However on the intercooler piping going up to the throttle body on the right side (drivers side) I have a hole there and the hose or whatever it was that's supposed to go in there is no where to be found so I'm assuming somewhere in the chaos of my belt coming off that it pulled that hose down w/it. My questions are:
Where does that hose connect to coming from the intercooler piping?
Where can I get a new hose?
I looked at some pics online, but I couldn't figure out the answers to my questions. Thanks for your help!
Andy

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'd check the Paxton install manual to be sure, but it sounds like the hole that you're talking about is where the intake air temperature sensor is installed. It is attached to the front engine wiring harness and likely got pulled out and is dangling some where up front. Hopefully, you can find it and just push it back into the rubber grommet.

Good luck,

Dan

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DSC01058.JPG
DOES THIS HELP

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That just makes too much sense Plum. Stop asking questions that have common sense attached to them...............................

:D :D :D

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That just makes too much sense Plum. Stop asking questions that have common sense attached to them...............................

:D :D :D

Because as a fellow business owner I understand what it's like to be on the phone all day answering stupid questions. Another thing is I haven't spent a dime w/Doug. I bought the car finished as is, so I honestly feel bad for wasting his time. However, Doug on the other hand has always been very gracious w/answering my questions and you can tell he takes great pride in his works of art so his willingness to help is always great! But I own a landscaping company. If I did a big landscape for a client, then they sold their house and someone else moved in and started calling asking all of these annoying little questions, (for free mind you) I would start getting a little perturbed at them. Especially if it's something tiny such as the issue above. I would greatly appreciate that person doing their due diligence to try to figure out the problem themselves and then call me after they're still at a loss. Respect for Doug's time is the sole reason why I posted this up, not to hear any smart @$$ remarks that don't help me in the least. I can totally relate to non-stop phone calls that Doug probably gets. Thank you to anyone who helps...I'm not an idiot, I just respect Doug's time:2tu:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is an old picture (from during the installation). The hose on the left is the idle air flow and if missing may be found under the intake manifold. On the right (as you view it from the front) is the inlet temperatur sensor. Those are the only connections on mine.
You must be registered for see images attach