Stupid Question Night - Name on kick panel

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid questions but I can't figure out why somebody's name would be written on my 94's driver side kick panel directly under the steering wheel. The only reason I found it was that I was cleaning the interior while using a trouble light to see. The name says Steve Model. I have noticed lots of initials on various motor parts but in the interior? Who is this Steve Model and why did he write on my car !
You must be registered for see images

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have found lots of dates relating to just before my beloved's built date, and also parts initialed (usually in white). You should see their quality control checks done at the factory, very high standards. I expect Steve had something to do with checking this part of your snake?

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I wonderd when someone would ask about this. I'm sure JonB or anyone who has had an interior panel off will agree. There are sssoooo many initials, dates, qc checks and more all over the car. Try this. Pop the hood primary and secondary latches. Raise the hood in the front, but don't lift the hood in the back. Look at the underside of the hood from the front of the car. There should be dates and more there. These things are all over the car!! I have even seen hearts, stars and even "Red Wings" written in hidden places. Adds a little flavor and personallity!!!dj