Sunday Drive... anybody up for a cruise?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like nice weather again this weekend for a little cruise. At this point they're saying sunny/70s for Sunday, 4/11.

Anyone up for a drive? Maybe the same route as last weekend but in the opposite direction? I'm open for suggestions.... Maybe one of you guys has another route in mind? Fine by me.

I know there's a fun get together for Sat. ie:indoor karting but I can't make it so I'd like to put something together for Sunday, 4/11 as well.

Who's in?

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crickets..... Umm, OK. Maybe another time.

I'll probably be out at the Sheetz in Haymarket, VA. again around 11:00am if anybody's interested. I'm thinking about a little VA. wine tour (you know, the kind where you blow on by the winery because it's located on a really fun road?)....

:drive:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be up for some future Sunday cruises. Couldn't make this one since I was in Fredericksburg yesterday. Also, Haymarket is a little far out for a starting point for me on a regular basis. I'd say it's at least hour and half out from Frederick, maybe more? If we could hook up in Winchester, perhaps we could get a few Northerners involved?

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be up for some future Sunday cruises. Couldn't make this one since I was in Fredericksburg yesterday. Also, Haymarket is a little far out for a starting point for me on a regular basis. I'd say it's at least hour and half out from Frederick, maybe more? If we could hook up in Winchester, perhaps we could get a few Northerners involved?

I am all in and up for some fun Sunday rides, John.

Having no idea where the theoretical center of action may be.... I decided on a spot convenient to me! haha... I'm very well versed on all roads west of Haymarket(east too) and out through the valley and beyond..... and willing to learn more but someone else has to lead that charge as I don't know the way!

I'm in if anyone want's to lead a cruise out of Winchester...on a Sunday.

BTW, the yellow/black GTS from last weekends' cruise is owned by nitrogts. A striking bee with tall rims and a nitroboost attitude....Bad a$$ car and as usual, he's a guy who likes fast cars.

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather's looking good tomorrow..... 4/19. I'll be putting some rubber down while you guys are at work.:rolaugh:

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awsome good time cruisin' today!!!

Can't wait to head down to Deal's Gap next weekend!! Leaving Wed. 6/2 to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way down...

This is a good time to call in sick! I hear there's a viper gathering down south....., A little place called "The Dragon".... Maybe you've heard about it?? Maybe not. Leaving Wed. from the DC area..

Good times.

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few pics of my 2k mi. Dragon run last weekend:

You must be registered for see images attach

I drove the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way down to Cherokee, NC. from Wash. DC area. I made my way to the Deal's Gap Moto. Resort where I stayed two nights, shmoozin' with the bikers and car nutz.. I caught up with the VCA guys on their parade cruises twice and talked a bit. Unfortunately, I didn't know I couldn't head west from the "Dragon" to meet up with them! .. too bad because they had around 40+ cars at Pigeon Forge TN.! (45 min. west..over the foothills parkway..)

Then I headed north to TN Rt. 66 then on to VA. and points north. Drove VA. RT. 42 all the way up from Blacksburg (great drive with new pavement..!).

5 days and almost 2k mi. later, I'm back in my garage... Twisties and sweepers all the way. GREAT DRIVE!

Wish I could have met you guys at the crab feast on Sat. but this trip burned a bit too much leave time for me....

=J

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32