Supercharged + Belanger + Catless + Borla XR-1, too loud?!

Stahlhart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I´m thinking about building a new Exhaust for my Supercharged Gen1. At the moment I´m running the Belanger Headers with the 3" RoeRacing Highflow Cats and Mufflers (Sidepipes).

Now I´m planing to build a new Exhaust System on my own to reduce heat in the sidesills, add a few HP and a louder - but drivable - sound. But I´m confused if it´s getting too loud for driving longer Tours without using ear plugs.

Belanger Headers, Catless 3" and the Borla XR-1 Sportsman Mufflers.

Has anyone experience with this combination?

Have a nice sunday.

Jürgen

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Borla Headers and the same Roe exhaust setup on my Gen I (not supercharged), a bit loud and too much drone at highway speed, needed ear plugs on a long trip.

I changed to the following:
- kept Borla headers
- deleted Roe HF cats and replaced with Moroso stainless spiral flow racing mufflers (Summit Racing)
- kept Roe mufflers
- installed Dynatech Vortex Stainless Insert Cones in the end of each Roe muffler just before the straight pipe outet. Point of cone facing forward. (spot welded cones inside of each muffler)
- entire exhaust system welded, no clamps.
- keep in mind that the exhaust outlet needs to be centered, or slightly forward of the center hole on each side output. The exhaust system does lengthen about 1/2 inch when run hot or for long periods.
- side sills warm to touch, but not hot enough to burn, even after long drives.

Sound is amazing at idle, not too loud. Comfortable cruising with no need for ear plugs. Plenty loud when you give it throttle.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Borla Headers and the same Roe exhaust setup on my Gen I (not supercharged), a bit loud and too much drone at highway speed, needed ear plugs on a long trip.

I changed to the following:
- kept Borla headers
- deleted Roe HF cats and replaced with Moroso stainless spiral flow racing mufflers (Summit Racing)
- kept Roe mufflers
- installed Dynatech Vortex Stainless Insert Cones in the end of each Roe muffler just before the straight pipe outet. Point of cone facing forward. (spot welded cones inside of each muffler)
- entire exhaust system welded, no clamps.
- keep in mind that the exhaust outlet needs to be centered, or slightly forward of the center hole on each side output. The exhaust system does lengthen about 1/2 inch when run hot or for long periods.
- side sills warm to touch, but not hot enough to burn, even after long drives.

Sound is amazing at idle, not too loud. Comfortable cruising with no need for ear plugs. Plenty loud when you give it throttle.

Hope this helps.

this is a great setup.