supercharger install

harley1211

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, I just brought a Paxton supercharger and I am thinking about taking it to a top tier installer recommended by Paxton. They want to charge me $3,500.00 plus tax. Can anyone tell me if this is a high price and can I get it at a lower price or is it a fair price. I have a 06 Gen III. Thanks

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thats crazy.

$1500 or thereabouts is what I would consider an appropriate cost for install.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this just a basic install or ? Did they say what the install consist of...such as tuner extras like tuning or custom parts/brackets?

OP
OP
H

harley1211

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in the New York area and I am looking for a experience installer for my Paxton supercharger.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in the New York area and I am looking for a experience installer for my Paxton supercharger.

Geeze ... in this area you need to start with Chuck Tator. 914 763.3136
If he can't do what you want, he'll tell you exactly that and explain the best alternatives.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are in the New York City area just take it up to Chuck Tator. He is reasonable and will do it right. We have done over 225 installs and it is way more important to get it done right the first time than shop for the cheapest shop.

Chuck has done plenty of work on Snakes and he will take care of your car like it is his own.

Located in S. Salem, NY.

Good Luck,

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
youre screwed if you want anything more than the staight out of the box paxton setup in this area. there isnt anyone to tune it around here.

tator would be good for install though.

what was included in the 3500 install ? there are so many things that could change the price it isnt funny. a tuner actually tuning it is one thing and a real fuel system is another.

need more info !

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
youre screwed if you want anything more than the staight out of the box paxton setup in this area. there isnt anyone to tune it around here.

tator would be good for install though.

what was included in the 3500 install ? there are so many things that could change the price it isnt funny. a tuner actually tuning it is one thing and a real fuel system is another.

need more info !

There are PLENTY of tuners in the area that are completely competent. There is absolutely nothing special about tuning a Viper over tuning any other late model EFI car. I say this with the utmost confidence as I have had multiple different rides, tuned multiple different rides, and have tuned the Viper and completely gone through the software.

Arguably the Viper tuning is easier than the MAF based Ford/GM stuff.

$3500 is a fairly high price as well. On a 'vette install is typically $1500+ tuning, any additional stuff will add up as well. For the complexity of the Air/Water setup, possible fuel mods, gauges ETC, I can't see the cost being more than $2500-3000 tuned.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have not met one id let tune my car. im sure there are but i havent seen one yet.

fuel system is going to run the bill up if that was included in the 3500. and its needed to go over the base kit power.

OP
OP
H

harley1211

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in Suffolk county on Long Island. The installer is one of Paxtons top tier installer. He want $3,500.00 plus tax. All I know is that it includes a tune.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have not met one id let tune my car. im sure there are but i havent seen one yet.

fuel system is going to run the bill up if that was included in the 3500. and its needed to go over the base kit power.

Anytime you're in the Philly metro area and want to meet one, let me know. There's nothing secretive about tuning the Viper, like I said it's pretty easy.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes them a 'top tier' installer? It's a simple install. One long day maybe two regular days. No real tuning is needed with the stock kit. Id ask Paxton for references. Sounds like you are getting screwed big time. Vettes are harder installs than a Viper.

Bring it to Chuck and your worries are over.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang