Supercharger Installer in Wisconsin/Northern Illinois Area?

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't taken the plunge yet, as I'm still debating about NA vs Roe vs Paxton. But just wondering for future reference if anyone knows a good installer or tuner in my area. I'd hate to ship it very far for this, but also don't want somebody not knowing what their doing. Thanks for all the help in advance!

Mark

Feel free to persuade me towards NA, Roe, or Paxton as I'm itching for help on the matter.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Roe and love it. Do you do any of your own wrenching? With the instructions that Sean Roe includes it is super easy!! Except for the physical side of it, my wife could have done it, they are that detailed.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Limit-

I'd call Joe Donovan at PBJ. He's a Viper owner and tuner in the STL area and has installed and tuned many cars across the country including my own GTS. It's probably only a 5 hour drive south from where you are. Joe's # 314-781-3135. If he can't do it he can tell you someone close that could.

Looks like you have a '96 or '97- it will LOVE that forced induction!!

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PS: Another question, for the people who have them. After it's all said and done, how much money was it to get installed and/or tuned, what are your experiences with it, etc...

Thanks a lot guys!

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would go with PBJ or Hemi Auto Works in WI. I know both of them have done the NA, Roe, and Paxton set ups.

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would go with PBJ or Hemi Auto Works in WI. I know both of them have done the NA, Roe, and Paxton set ups.

Where is Hemi Auto Works? Can't find a website..

Thanks again. If anyone wants to persuade me to jump into Turbo's, feel free to go there also:p

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Love my Roe, i sometimes wish i got a paxton though since its a LOT more power. PBJ does have Blower Kits for the Viper, his custom made paxton kits. I would look into that, i think when i got the roe done he said his paxton would of been about the same price. Only downfall is Joe is super busy and it will take a while.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i disagree, call PBJ and get the paxton. especially with him doing the install and tuning.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i disagree AGAIN. i think the paxton looks better. but either way ya really cant go wrong if that guys installing it and tuning it.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The paxton may have the high rpm hp but the Roe wins on looks and low end torque. :eater:

And you're right. You can't go wrong either way with PBJ installing/tuning.:drive:

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The paxton may have the high rpm hp but the Roe wins on looks and low end torque. :eater:

Roe gives you more low rpm TQ, agreed, but low rpm TQ isnt lacking in these cars. An Autorotor (Roe) is better suited to a smaller engine size such as a 4.6 Ford, where the engine is lacking in low rpm TQ. Also, the Autorotor on a Viper does not utilize an intercooler. For that reason alone, if your car is a street car, get the Paxton. Paxton will give you a more linear power band, helping traction even with an additional 300hp over the Autorotor.

I also agree with plum....the Paxton looks better as well, keeping the stock intake. And to call PBJ, or Kevin at UGR as he has a Paxton package deal going on.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe gives you more low rpm TQ, agreed, but low rpm TQ isnt lacking in these cars. An Autorotor (Roe) is better suited to a smaller engine size such as a 4.6 Ford, where the engine is lacking in low rpm TQ. Also, the Autorotor on a Viper does not utilize an intercooler. For that reason alone, if your car is a street car, get the Paxton......
Low RPM torque is especially not lacking in my car. :rolaugh:

And with the w/m an intercooler is not needed. :smirk:

I'd like to line up with a Gen II paxton car (stock bottom end and stock fuel system) and see what happens. :drive:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another Paxton vs Roe, blonde vs brunette, debate? Roe wins in the 1/4 mile, Paxton wins in roll ons for equally or similarly powered cars. NA car w/ same power kicks both of their asses due to less weight and less heat and better power curve.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Low RPM torque is especially not lacking in my car. :rolaugh:

And with the w/m an intercooler is not needed. :smirk:

I'd like to line up with a Gen II paxton car (stock bottom end and stock fuel system) and see what happens. :drive:

W/M only works at WOT. The intercooler is constantly helping to reduce IATs. Paxton cars generally also have W/M for WOT as well.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paxton must have changed some things because my Paxton kit came with an intercooler only, no W/M. Do they now offer it as an add-on?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
W/M only works at WOT. The intercooler is constantly helping to reduce IATs. Paxton cars generally also have W/M for WOT as well.
FYI,
My W/M sprays earlier than WOT. You don't have to be at WOT to be under boost. ;)

D

DAMN YANKEE

Roe...do it yourself...my 16 year old did it and so can you...get it done...throw in Sean's card...have it tuned by PBJ if needed...

Last edited by a moderator:

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI,
My W/M sprays earlier than WOT. You don't have to be at WOT to be under boost. ;)

Ok, you are using your **** to allow for more timing than using it for a denser charge. Not the way I would set up the system, but to each his own. Im glad you are happy with your Autorotor.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Limit. The difference is I am looking forward to doing the install of the Roe myself. What I would like to know is how much the Paxton is installed. Can anyone give me a ballpark? I like the idea of an intercooler and would rather got that route and not have to worry about heat soak as much.
Thanks
Gary

I haven't taken the plunge yet, as I'm still debating about NA vs Roe vs Paxton. But just wondering for future reference if anyone knows a good installer or tuner in my area. I'd hate to ship it very far for this, but also don't want somebody not knowing what their doing. Thanks for all the help in advance!

Mark

Feel free to persuade me towards NA, Roe, or Paxton as I'm itching for help on the matter.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Limit. The difference is I am looking forward to doing the install of the Roe myself. What I would like to know is how much the Paxton is installed. Can anyone give me a ballpark? I like the idea of an intercooler and would rather got that route and not have to worry about heat soak as much.
Thanks
Gary

Gary,
This is for a fuel system and an AEM management system as well..

Do You Want To Make 900 RWHP On Pump Gas For 14.9K Installed/Tuned? - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum