Supercharger Meltdowns

David

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a company which makes spark plugs with a "safety release" in the event of abnormally high pressures (overheat, detonation or hydrolock). I haven't used their product, so I can't say how effective this is or even if it's a good idea... Their web page is:

http://www.prepsparkplugs.com/frames.htm

If one encounters silent detonation the safety vents in these spark plugs open.

-David

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the UK I got mine from: www.performanceexhausts.net
(It's listed under the under-bonnet section with the gauges.)
Jamie the guy that runs it is quite friendly.
The LED display is quite bulky, but it will fit neatly into one of the center dash air vents (if you remove a swivel grill) or, I made a bracket up off the housing behind the steering wheel to the left.
The sensor should be positioned on the block, but there weren't any suitable available bolts, so I mounted mine to one of the heads. A good place would be on the bracket bolt in the "V" that holds the coil packs.

OP
OP
H

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nadine UK GTS:
In the UK I got mine from: www.performanceexhausts.net
(It's listed under the under-bonnet section with the gauges.)
Jamie the guy that runs it is quite friendly.
The LED display is quite bulky, but it will fit neatly into one of the center dash air vents (if you remove a swivel grill) or, I made a bracket up off the housing behind the steering wheel to the left.
The sensor should be positioned on the block, but there weren't any suitable available bolts, so I mounted mine to one of the heads. A good place would be on the bracket bolt in the "V" that holds the coil packs.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nadine, you are some kind of woman, I hope your husband appreciates what he has. If he don't let me know.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hugh, my Beloved '97 coupe seems very pleased, and appreciates his Roe Supercharger and Knock link that he has now, thanks! He's become much more frisky and playful...
laugh.gif

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hugh. Nadine is single, lives in England, and is such a knock-out, that she needs her own knock sensor. At meets guys flock around her like bees to honey. Then they find out that she does most of her own work, from installing headers, to her own repairs on her "beloved" GTS.
Nadine has been featured in Viper Magazine, and is indeed an asset to the entire Viper Community.
As a bonus she is down to eartth, and shares her Viper enthusiasm and considerable knowledge with everyone. She is a unique, viper tatoo'd, treasure.

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knock sensors are a good idea. But I think when you get to a point when are car starts to knock it may be too late. It only takes less than a second to burn up an engine. Only the more reason to spend the money and buy a system that's been proven to run for years. We just changed the spark plugs on my DLM car after almost three years and I could have gone another three more years on them
smile.gif
smile.gif

Chuck B.

OP
OP
H

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So....... I'm just another Nadine Groupie!
Well at least I'm one-up on you guys, because it was her mind(technical recitals) that first attracted me.