"Supertuner Challenge" in Car and Driver w/o a Viper????

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"Supertuner Challenge\" in Car and Driver w/o a Viper????

ALL ROUNDS GO TO KYLE KENT AKA THE PROFFESOR......KYLE YOU HAVE THEM ON THE ROPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO AHEAD AND DELIVER THE KNOCK OUT PUNCH!LOL

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've Owned mustangs, vettes, etc. all with many mods.! As JonB said--'Been there-Drove that!' Viper is like no other!! Under 100k nothing compares!!
You say you work on Vipers, have you ever driven one?? Or just cleaned them!!!!
Well, House of Speed back up your fingers here! What car is better when examined closely than the Viper? Track, street, appearance, etc???

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everyone:

Does it not seem obvious that Kyle knows he's wrong?
Personally ejecting himself from this discussion implies that he wishes not to further his public stupidity. Or maybe JOhn just told him to shut-up. I know John H and Jon B are pretty business related, and with Kyles bashing of his employers business partner and supporter, it's likely kyle will be seeing the door soon. I trust both men have spoken by now. I've been reading Jon B's posts for 3 years now and I know he won't take this crap. Especially from some kid, Eh Jon?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I hear welfare is hiring.

Craig

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Kyle's last comments WILL be deleted shortly as they have personal attacks.

But,

before I do so,

Kyle, I can't believe that you would insult Gary L, who through the years has marketed HMS' products through his racing school!

Let's see.... Gary paid for services, which paid the bills, which obviously helped your boss employ you!

Wow!

..and you insult Jon B, of all people, Kyle, an incredible volunteer and sincere consult on all aftermarket accessories...including HMS!

Wow...again!

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As quoted by Kyle Kent... AKA House of Speed

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Gary L, I have really only come in contact with you on a couple of occasions..and the last being PRI when you were playing the role of organ grinder and leading Larry around by his nose. Who are you???? Why do you think that your opinion means anything in my world??? When do you want to step up and bring the best that you and Mr.Goodwrench have to offer?? I don't think that you have the sac necessary to build or drive anything fast....so if you don't want to play...go back to the mule barn and saddle up something more your speed.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Kyle, it looks like war has just been declared. Your last comments are about as personal as it gets and both Gary Lashinsky and Larry Macedo are good friends of mine.

I for one will be personally looking for you at the upcoming RiverCity Raceway event this October with a car that will be completely built and setup in Gary Lashinsky's mule barn and all the work will be done on the car by Mr.Goodwrench (Larry Macedo) himself.

So, if after all the dust settles down and you still have a job... and your not on welfare. I would suggest you spend lots of time and money getting something ready for the event. Because I am calling you out and I have got the sac to do it!

Larry and I will be in Texas for the event and I plan to show the world how your "big mouth just wrote a check your fat *** can't cash"!!!

You might be asking yourself who I am... well, I am not a big guy in the Viper community. But, I have got a big wallet and I love slapping down cocky, big mouth pukes like you and your head grinding buddy Shakedown. I guess you could say it is an old hobby of mine... and I have been doing it all my life.

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLS:
As quoted by Kyle Kent... AKA House of Speed

Well Kyle, it looks like war has just been declared. Your last comments are about as personal as it gets and both Gary Lashinsky and Larry Macedo are good friends of mine.

I for one will be personally looking for you at the upcoming RiverCity Raceway event this October with a car that will be completely built and setup in Gary Lashinsky's mule barn and all the work will be done on the car by Mr.Goodwrench (Larry Macedo) himself.

So, if after all the dust settles down and you still have a job... and your not on welfare. I would suggest you spend lots of time and money getting something ready for the event. Because I am calling you out.

Larry and I will be in Texas for the event and I plan to show the world how your "big mouth just wrote a check your fat *** can't cash"!!!

You might be asking yourself who I am... well, I am not a big guy in the Viper community. But, I have got a big wallet and I love slapping down cocky, big mouth pukes like you and your head grinding buddy Shakedown. I guess you could say it is an old hobby of mine... and I have been doing it all my life.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And he's got a supra too! Bring that supra and i'll race you as well
smile.gif

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HEY BLS GOOD BUDDY!WRITE THE BIGGEST CHECK U CAN CAUSE WHEN U AND THE FLORIDA POSSE SHOW UP AT RIVER CITY WITH YOUR TAKE OUT VEHICLES AND GET YOUR HEADS HANDED TO U IN A BASKET AFTER U HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWNTOWN BY THE FASEST TEXAS VIPERS AND CORVETTES ON THE PLANET. U WILL REALIZE THAT BIG CHECK YOU WROTE WAS A BAD INVESTMENT.P.S. I HAVE A BIG CHECK SPECIAL FOR U IN THE FORM OF CHEVI SMALL BLOCK 427 THAT WILL BE LOOKING FOR DINNER THAT DAY.HAVE A GREAT DAY! BEST REGARDS....NORM KOERNER

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

take it easy guys. after looking at his over-all somber comments.... i have this feeling that either his wife or girl friend just left him...or his dog just died. so be nice. please....try and be a little kinder. now....everybody......just take a deep deep breath and go out and get in your cars and drive like there's no f_______g tomorrow!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HouseofSpeed:
........narrow minds ........silly......... peanut gallery.
big men here on the board.......If you have a problem with my opinion, address me directly.......Jon B, the Viper guru....master of useless information...I get tired of hearing your crap. The rest of the crowd can be lumped as those wanting to ride the bandwagon and kiss some *** ....and those people I have no time for....This will be my last word on the subject.....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kyle, are you so obtuse that you do not see me and the others addressing you directly, by name? The depths of your knowledge appear to have no beginning......since this is your 'last word', I hope you enjoy the rice-burner kudos you crave by again bragging yourself up and linking your diatribe on the rice-pages. Please be honest and honor your "last post" promise.

As for your attack on me, Oooooh! I am certainly trembling!
Equating my opinion of HMS to some fantasy homosexual tryst occuring only in your mind tells us a LOT more about YOUR mind than mine.

[Actually, I am quite comfortable and confident in the benefit I may have brought to some of my fellow owners/members since 1994......] Sorry you THINK I have not helped you, but some of the things I "revealed" here years ago have undoubtedly helped you, at least indirectly. FACT. Hmmmm........searching for your tally of kudos on this board seems to be pretty thin.....and even unsearchable right now.....????????

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dmora, you are going to need more than BPU to run with my Dawg.

Norm, I haven't ever made a bad investment in my life. What makes you think I am going to start now??? After I finish embarrassing my new buddy Kyle. I will give anything you've got a go. But, only if you are driving it... because we drive our own cars here in Florida!

Brad (the head porter) AKA Shakedown... the only thing cheap is your $5.00 paycheck and that **** box you live in! If I were you (and thank GOD I am not). I would be spending less time on this discussion forum and more time trying to solve all the problems you are having with sinking those valves into the seats, valve stem lengths and pushrod issues.

If you girls were so good at your job. The HMS 800 TT would have been running and we would not be having this discussion. The word on the street is the car was also broken down during the very first test that was done by a major car magazine. Since you couldn't get it fixed in time... you had to resort to towing the car around with a rental car. Just so the magazine could get the pictures it needed for the article.

Hasn't HMS had enough bad publicity lately? It's bad enough that you have so many unhappy customers. But, now you are insulting future "would be customers" and the entire Viper community as well.

Maybe you two are the reason HMS is having so many problems??? Based on your comments here... how can any prudent man conclude anything else?

Maybe if John H. would pluck a couple of "bad apples" out of his barrel... he could turn the whole thing around and his company could regain the respect that it once had!

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Byron for the support. My suggestion is to not waste anymore time on Kyle Kent and his crap. He is not worth responding too. With all the good there is on this message board why even stoop to his level. Hennessey will take care of him in due time. It's amazing what the inmates will do when the Boss is away from the asylum.

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

bubba gump? where the f____ are we.....egypt? lol........think i better start wearin my baseball cap backwards.....or go out and buy a mustang, camaro, trans am or vette and build the snots out of it. hey.....stangs rule dude! i mean....metallica rules dudes! grrrrr.....don't make me go out and put nitrous in my car...boy. grrrrr. hey...that was fun.
cool.gif

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well said supra....my sentiments exactly.

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

White Supra, I think most of the angry responses to Kyle are due to tone rather than content. There's an outside chance that he may have delivered his points of view in this manner to illicit precisely the sort of responses that he has received. If this is, in fact, the case - then he has succeeded admirably and should be congratulated on a *** well-stirred. If this is not the case, then perhaps his finesse game could use a little work.

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

White Supra, if the text is well-crafted, the onus of tone falls to a fair degree on the writer. Knowing your audience helps a bit in this regard. It should come as a surprise to few that imploring a Viper fanatic (yes, that would be the audience in this case) to "wake up" and "don't be too impressed" with their choice in transportation might invite some level of confrontation as opposed to an objective discussion.

Psychology 104+

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

White Supra, I agree with you in that it 'seems Kyle was just typing out his thoughts and opinions as they came to him'. As such, I would disagree that his note was particularly well-crafted.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BLS GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU!WE ARE NOT IN KANSAS ANY MORE AND IM NOT THAT GOOD OF A DRIVER.I KNOW MY LIMITATIONS HOPE U KNOW YOURS. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP U OUT BY DRIVING MY OWN LOADS.U MUST BE A GREAT FINANCIAL GURU TO HAVE NEVER MADE A BAD INVESTMENT.LETS GET REAL PAL NOBODY HITS A HOME RUN ALL THE TIME!TAKE CARE FOR NOW SEE U IN THE LONE STAR STATE.LOOK FOR THE RED TAIL LIGHTS OF A CHEVI CAMARO CAUSE THATS ALL U ARE GONNA SEE.HEW HAW.....BEST REGARDS! BUBBA GUMP..

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anybody think it's strange that White Supra just happened to register for the board and come to the defense of Kyle???? Maybe While Supper is actually Kyle?

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

White Supra is actualy a guy named Marco who has one bad *** Supra built by Larry and the crew from Sound Performance in Chicago.

http://www.sound-performance.com

What is strange... is the fact that Marco has been after John Hennessey and has challenged him to several races in the past. None of these races have ever happened...

http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000168.html

http://www.supraforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=004938

http://www.supraforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=005048

Stranger yet... is why would Marco come to Kyle's defense? WHat connection do they have?

As for Kyle, it is the attitude and his delivery that pissed me off. Not to mention the personal attacks made against Gary Lashinsky and Larry Macedo. Yes, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Last time I checked we are all still living in America. This is not Russsia and the Bill of Rights and First Amendment are still in place.

But, coming from a guy that makes his living working on Vipers. It just doesn't make since to bite the hands and possible future hands that are feeding you. Not to mention from a business stand point it is down right stupid to allow your employees to publicly insult your customer base.

Yes, Kyle is entitled to his own opinion. But, I am also entitled to point out how dumb he is for doing it here. And how much dumber is employer is for allowing him to do it.

Kyle, how about a simple apology? I am sure that would put this whole thing to rest.

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

True, BLS, it makes little business sense to bite the hand that feeds you. But, if you'll recall, this comes from the same folks who brought you the "internet whiner". And so it should come as no grand surprise to anyone.

I'd imagine that more potential customers read the car mags than the VCA site. And based on the mags, Hennessey is arguably THE Viper tuner. Perhaps those guys are banking on their high-level of favorable exposure in the press to more than offset any dents in revenue that may be created by a few ill-advised blurtings on the internet. Although with this type of policy, maintaining a running press car may carry more weight in the future.

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't really understand the whole argument here. The original argument revolved around this...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>if you break a Viper down...stock for stock, modified to modified, dollar for dollar, its just not that impressive when examined closely.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I firmly don't believe that there's much that compares to a Viper, stock for stock below $100,000. Modified to modified isn't really all that amazing, since its just a matter of how muhc money you want to spend. Dollar for dollar I don't see muhc of a problem, seeing as the car's an exotic.

SpeedRacer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I read Kyle's original post. There was nothing personal about it. Yet everyone who replied seem to illogically ignore his points instead of trying to refute them. As a Viper owner, I have no reason to back him or White Supra, but I must say that is seemed like the responses to his post had a more enraged tone. I really don't understand why so many people pointed out his "biting the hand" and his posting to a Viper board. What difference does it make who he works for? Just because this is a Viper board, we can't take some criticism? What happened to the technical discussion that should have followed? And, he did not come on the board "representing" HMS, he merely stated that he tunes his cars.
However, his later post definitely went way too far, and way beyond the responses from the Viper owners. I wish his buttons weren't pushed by the responses, because it might have been an interesting thread. I don't want to make light of his personal attacks, which were unwarranted, however.
My unquailified response to him is that anything more expensive than a shifter cart could be considered low on the "bang-for-buck" scale. Heck, I could probably get my little red wagon to pull 10s in the 1/4 if I wanted to put a VW motor on it, but what would that mean? So what if the Viper has a lot of cubes and doesn't get 1 hp per inch? I could argue that a Supra or Porsche is weak for a car that has TWO turbochargers on it, after all they don't have 800 hp do they? Some carmakers use lightweight chassis' with small hi-tech motors with boosters, others go with a more weight, more inches, and more torque. Sometimes it all evens out, sometimes not.
Also, how could a Viper not be a good start for mods? Look at the racing record! Obviously, there must be some potential there. Dollar for dollar the mods are expensive, yes. Why don't you talk to your boss about lowering the prices? Nevertheless, is it the car's fault if the aftermarket parts are priced too high?
Lastly, sometimes archaeic is better. Nothing wrong with a pushrod normally aspirated engine. So the design is older, does that make it not as good? Not necessarly, in fact it might make it more durable. I personally don't believe that much progress has been made technically in the automotive industry in the last 30 years, other than tires and computers. Doesn't the Shelby Cobra still hold the 0-100-0 record time?
I welcome Kyle back to the board, but only without personal attacks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte