Survey - 2001 wheels vs. Purner

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Viper owners/fans,

I have a dilema most owners would like to have... I have a 1998 Silver/Blue strip GTS, and have 2 sets of wheels. 1 set is John Purner's 18' street wheels and the other is a set of 2001 5 star GTS wheels. I like both equally, but need to sell 1 set. Which would you keep, and why? Any help/input would be appreciated.

P.S - I am selling 1 set, so if your interested let me know. I also have the original 17' 5-star '98 GTS wheels for sale with Michelans (50-70% tread). They are polished aluminum with clear coat.
smile.gif
smile.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If performance is your #1 concern, the Purner wheels will handily outdo the stock wheels. They're lighter and stronger, forged vs cast, and they permit better airflow through the brakes.

If aesthetics is your main issue, you'll need to make the call yourself. Everyone has different tastes.

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like you've already made your decision to me
and a good one at that, sell the stock 17" wheels.. Keep both
the Purners and the 2001s.. Purners for the track with Hoosiers and the 2001s with Michelins for the street...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, IMHO, keep the stock rims no matter what, as if memory serves me correctly there were only 14 Silver/ Blue combos, and at that super low number the next guy may be a collector not a driver and HE WILL WANT THE FACTORY RIMS !!

PS- Purner's are mucho better for the TRACK !

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by treynor:
.....the Purner wheels will handily outdo the stock wheels. They're lighter and stronger, forged vs cast...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ALL OE VIPER WHEELS ARE FORGED SINCE 1998 AND NEWER......

OP
OP
O

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks fella's,

But what is your opinion on resale value? Even though I plan on keeping my Viper forever, I know this probably isn't a reality. Do you think it hurts or helps resale by keeping the Purner's vs. 2001 GTS wheels? I know it all depends on the buyer, but I am looking for a general consensus. Keep in mind I HAVE to sell 1 set of the 18's. Thanks again....
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte