Survey - TVS blower for SRT-10 Vipers

Would you buy a Magnacharger SRT-10 Viper system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hadn't been on the forums in a long time....
The guys at Magnuson, Jerry, Terry, etc, are great, but the Eaton 2300 is too small on the Gen3 and you can't do much to get enough pulley wrap. Tried it years ago. Takes a bigger compressor to feed the Gen 3 engine. An effective positive displacement system can be done, but you really need to change the hood to make enough room. I cut a hood out during testing, but I'm not in the bodywork manufacturing business.
All this takes is time and money.... how much do you want to throw at it? I threw $80K+ at it with technology available through 2008 and said enough. Wasn't quite 100% satisfied with the results and saw TT as an extremely efficient alternative, though costly. However, more compressors are available today than there were then and more machine shops are hungry, so...?
Regarding engine management on GenIV, that can be done and is available too. But, I didn't pull the trigger because others kept saying they had software coming out. "Why add a device when you can reprogram the PCM" was my thought. But, they never came out with anything and have since closed, so maybe it's time to do something.....
Not sure when on my 12-14 hour work days I'll have a chance to revisit this thread, but thought I'd throw a cent or two in.

Sean
Sean
Wow !!very interesting.. would love to see it.

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean is the man!

That is exactly what I thought about the TVS for the 8.3 and 8.4 motor. It is just to small to feed enough air for those engines. Yeah, it could create a few psi of boost but the blower would have to spin its rotors pretty fast/hard via small pulley to make worth it. It wouldn't be reliable and that's not considering all the heat soak that would build up.

The best P.D. Superchargers for the Gen 3 and 4 are the Whipple 3.4L and the 4.0L. They would supply enough air to the viper V10 engine spining their rotors slower and creating less heat as well.
While both would require the hood to be cut or a new hood(not practical), the whipple 4.0L would need a HUGE cut since is a massive supercharger and also could generate more than 1000 hp in a viper motor in my opinion. It is just a beast of a blower and I do have a friend with a 2010 shelby running 20psi making 850RWHP (and God knows how much torque..) while its potential is much, much more.

Another thing is that the engine cross brace has to come out for any of the P.D. to be installed too.

In the end,Turbos would be the best solution like Sean said because it's practical and has the potential to generate more power than the supercharger.

I do have pics of a 3.4L whipple installed on a generation 3 viper (Sean Roe kit). Looks really good :)

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those are not the pics that I have. I have the car with the 3.4L whipple on it, that is a small 2.4L-2.8L kenne bell.

I cannot post pics here anymore.

Please, somebody pm me your e-mail and will send them to you so you can have them posted here after.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would a custom dry sump setup lower the engine enough to make that somewhat practical?? That looks like it may impair vision some...:)

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would a custom dry sump setup lower the engine enough to make that somewhat practical?? That looks like it may impair vision some...:)

I have no clue if that is a possible alternative or not but the comp coupe has a dry sump system so who knows. Give the man(Sean Roe) a call and he should be able to tell you.

If it is possible to drop a few inches they could upgrade to the whipple 4.0 or 5.0 liter liter insanity. :rolaugh:

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no clue if that is a possible alternative or not but the comp coupe has a dry sump system so who knows. Give the man(Sean Roe) a call and he should be able to tell you.

If it is possible to drop a few inches they could upgrade to the whipple 4.0 or 5.0 liter liter insanity. :rolaugh:

It would be interesting to find out, but a dry sump coupled with a blower install would probably cost about as much as one of these twin turbo kits floating around. Another question though....I wonder how many people on here have installed a dry sump on their car?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave