Survey - TVS blower for SRT-10 Vipers

Would you buy a Magnacharger SRT-10 Viper system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toma

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I highly doubt the % of rpms spent above 3,500 even compares to the % of rpms spent below 3,500. That is the point for most on here seeking the positive displacement blower option.
Well sure, when you are Sunday driving, you wont go over 3500 and the roots blowers are for you.

For cars driven to win races, the engine will never be under 4500 or even higher.

IMO.

:drive:

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys are primarily concerned with racing or dyno bragging rights, then this Maggie kit probably isn't intended for you. This system is intended for those who actually like to feel the gains every single time they drive the car, regardless of what mph or rpm range they are in. As a current Paxton owner, I can tell you my Viper is flat out BORING to drive until 4,500 rpm. It feels like any other stock 11.9-12.0 car, which looks faster than it is. My Cadillac is more fun to drive than a stock pre-08 SRT Viper.

If racing is your primary concern, go ahead and spend the big bucks and build the forged internals engine, turn the boost up to 12+ psi, and have at it. Twin-turbos should be your target here, they are proven to work the best on these Vipers.

For those satisfied with 700 rwhp or less, stock engines, and instant throttle response and the feeling of adding 2.3L (or bigger) to your Viper V10, this Maggie will be the kit for you.

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe it will IF it ever gets built.
From the sound of it, it will be the new best choice for first mods and best bang for your buck.

GTRDIABLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the maggie on my Camaro and the Viper I'm gonna get next week would have it for sure. If they build it. I did an TRD install on a Tacoma over the weekend and the roots blower is what I want. I sure hope they make it cause it will be getting a blower.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the maggie on my Camaro and the Viper I'm gonna get next week would have it for sure. If they build it. I did an TRD install on a Tacoma over the weekend and the roots blower is what I want. I sure hope they make it cause it will be getting a blower.

You must be registered for see images attach

That is a thing of beauty. I can just imagine that blower all polished up sitting on top my great big V-10. I say don't worry about if it fits under a gen III hood or not cause with that blower I would just leave the off. :)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, would these fit the SRT pick up also? It might make for a better business case for production if they were to add in the extra 7000 or so trucks to the Gen 3 numbers.

At A Boy!

Good thinkin'

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have moved from "I'll consider it if it comes out," to "I'll definitely get it if it comes out."

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did this die or what? This thread started out good with updates and just stopped.
Did we lose our inside man on this?

I replied a few posts ago. In 1 month, I'll be spending an entire week with the main reps of MagnaCharger. My 2011 Camaro SS will be featured in their booth at all 7 cities of the Hotrod Power Tour. We'll have some discussion about the Viper for sure.

Power Tour is the first week of June. Goes from Cocoa Beach FL up to Detroit MI.

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, sorry I didn't realize that it was you that posted or I must have just skipped over your post and didn't realize it.

Still, I hope you can talk them into going ahead with their plans.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe an Edelbrock / TVS STYLE Blower would fit under a Gen 4 hood . Great bang for the buck , many interested.

Build it and they Will Come !......lol ! :D :2tu:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the update already! Pretty sure you have been on tour with them for your one month you stated beforehand.

Update or pleae pass along contact info.

Thank you

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doubt he's going to give you an executives number lol. I would move on as there just doesn't seem to be the interest on the corporate side.

Andy

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's okay Flatout because at this point, I doubt he has one. :)

It is basically BS from the way I see it; just as I followed for a few years waste of my time with another vendor. Getting tired of the run around on this. Love my Viper but looks like I will have to suffer through a Paxton install. NOT looking forward to the tuning aspect. What a pain in the a$$.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He has one. I've known Tony (Nineball) for 15 years and he's as connected as just about anyone you'll run into on a public forum. At least he got them to discuss it. There are other options out there, just go another route.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coloviper, I wouldn't refer you to anyone simply based on your posting habits and how abrasive you can seem. I prefer to keep my contacts. There is a difference between being enthusiastic about something, and being annoying.

I spent the week with the VP of Magnuson, we spoke about the Viper systems. They simply do not see the profit required to produce and market the kit. Believe me, I tried. I'd punt my Paxon in a heartbeat if the system came out. He said the idea isn't officially dead, but it is VERY low priority due to these cars also being out of production. Magnuson has a few requirements on developing a system, it doesn't make financial sense to chase an out-of-production 2003-2006 niche vehicle. Their engineering resources are limited due to the economy, and those teams have to focus on new vehicles entering the market. With these blower kit companies, the race is to be first on a vehicle when it hits the market.

The only way I could even see this kit get built is if there were XX amount of buyers that prepaid for it. There might be a handful of guys that would step up here, which only appears to be six of us based on this poll. That shows lack of serious interest.

Tony

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dead then!

Forced to go another route! There is connected in knowing people and then connected in getting things done. Sorry you feel that way about me Tony, however I was not the one who strung this along all these months. True not my best moments, but then again, I don't think the interaction here helped one bit. Prettyonce sided. In the end false hope played to the outcomes here. All just a waste of time!

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's okay Flatout because at this point, I doubt he has one. :)

It is basically BS from the way I see it; just as I followed for a few years waste of my time with another vendor. Getting tired of the run around on this. Love my Viper but looks like I will have to suffer through a Paxton install. NOT looking forward to the tuning aspect. What a pain in the a$$.

CoVip, I think it will be easier if you get the Paxton unit amd then scrap the FMU like I have and tune with 2 Bar MAP sensor, Bigger injectors/SCT. Sean Roe and I are going to make some headway here and therefore have alot of the answers already by the time you install and tune.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dead then!

Forced to go another route! There is connected in knowing people and then connected in getting things done. Sorry you feel that way about me Tony, however I was not the one who strung this along all these months. True not my best moments, but then again, I don't think the interaction here helped one bit. Prettyonce sided. In the end false hope played to the outcomes here. All just a waste of time!

Seriously? The guy tried to help out the entire community by discussing this with them. The company decided it didn't seem profitable enough and chose to keep it on the back burner. So now you're mad at Nineball for trying to get this done?

Do you always react this way when you don't get what you want?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flatout;

Has nothing to do with me getting my way or not. So it didn't happen, such is life. What I did not appreciate is the fact that we get ralied up for months and months to try to make something happen yet again on this supercharger topic and then I get attitude back when I am asking for a simple update to where we are at. Like it is my fault and now my attitude for even asking. I was very cordial through this entire process. Sorry but the lack of any responses did not help the situation.

Did I say I was mad at anyone? Why twist my words around? Am I mad at Nineball? No because ultimately it is not his decision to proceed with a kit or not, that is Magnacharger. Am I disappointed, absolutely! As an aside, there were plenty of people on here willing to do whatever it took to try to get Magnacharger to see the interest. In the end, all those people willing to help never really got that chance despite offering. Clearly there ended up being no stakeholder.

In the end, we are where we started. This thread just needs to go away at this point.

Last edited:

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few questions. Is this basically a mass produced blower that just needs a different intake manifold to mount to different motors? Could a kit be offered that would basically be similar, with the manifold being where the difference lies, to fit all the first three generations. It seems like a tuner/builder could be able to make this work. As far as hood clearance goes on the Gen 3, couldn't a kit be arranged that has includes a Gen 4 type hood with more clearance. There has to be enough demand out there to put this together. Roes are still highly sought after and that's from a car that's over a decade old. I don't see how this was that easy for Paxton, yet impossible for anyone else. There is obviously more to this than meets the eye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4