SWEET REVENGE: NOS Corvette succumbs to the power of the S/C!!!!

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I am soooo excited :) :) :) !!!!! Getting my title back after once getting beat by this Z06 Corvette back when my car was stock :p

Last night at about 1:30 am we went back out (to the local track) again to settle our differences. There was a big crowd of people who witnessed the action. We both lined up and I did a small burnout. I saw him purge the nitrous and thought.... "Oh cr*p here we go!"

It was like something out of the movies :) . Thanks for the advice from you guys I lowered my BFG's down to about 19 psi hot and left at 1,800 rpm. The car HOOKED DEAD! I think I could have left harder because the car bogged down a little. We were both side by side in first gear and when I hit second I spun a little bit but still left him bad. By the time I hit third I put at least ten to fifteen cars lengths on him and think I embarrassed him pretty bad :D . We both pulled back into the parking lot again to meet up and the crowd was cheering me on :cool: ... this guy never looses. He tells everybody his nitrous didn't work :smirk: so I said let's run again. This time I left at about 2,200 rpm (I think) slipped the clutch a little and the car got out even harder on him. He didn't even stay with me in first gear this time around :) . The results were the same but a little worse for him :laugh: . He had no excuses but he said he was only spraying a 75 shot..... YEAH RIGHT! Well, I remember Doug once telling me when you race somebody with nitrous and if they loose and say, "I was only spraying a fifty shot," take that number and multiply it x 4.

LOL, Doug was right!
Lou

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told you once you hit 2nd gear you would dust his sorry a$$ :D Great job driving btw, and where is the video :p

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn.

Didn't you just post your "loss story" only a few weeks back? That was quick!

Isn't it funny how when they lose, the excuses start IMMEDIATELY :) >700RWHP is something very few folks can create, and Doug just showed why he is the man yet again! :)

You must be happy!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Kills! Don't be nervous about running against anything on the street with your Boosted Viper!! If by some chance you get a good run and lose, well then, you will just have to get more HP!! :D

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW I saw a C5 with a Procharger under the hood at a cruise today.. Is that a big HP package?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty big horsepower, but they almost all have problems. I've never seen one that ran very well for a long period of time.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW I saw a C5 with a Procharger under the hood at a cruise today.. Is that a big HP package?

on a stock c5, they put out 450-525 rwhp, with similar tq numbers.

i know of several guys who have 427 ci blocks with ATI F1 blowers. most of them are putting down 700-800 rwhp.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pretty big horsepower, but they almost all have problems. I've never seen one that ran very well for a long period of time.

not true. i live down the street from ATI world hq, and know. it is actually very rare to have problems with them. its simply a matter of people making noise when something goes wrong, and saying nothing when things go right. online, you'll only see the complaints.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
belt slipage is not only comon on this kit, but it is expected with any kind of modified engine work. Also when this kit first came out it had cooling issues as well. These kits put out big #s but cant back them up on the street or strip. I've seen this first hand :eek:

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corvette owner didn't have a supercharger. He's got a heads and cam car with nitrous and he works on it all the time. I pass by his house and it's like a local Corvette hangout. I don't think his buddies like me now but they sure will respect me :D .

Actually I was more afraid of the nitrous because of the torque from it. I was told he had at least a 200 shot and stepped it up for the race. He said he wants to race again next week ;) .

-Lou

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was an '03 S/C Z06 at the track friday running 5lbs of boost. Went 12.0 (once) but only at 116-117mph on drag radial. Not too impressive

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fishtail there was never any doubts in our minds you would kick his butt, congrats enjoy the force. This will do a world of good for your confidence and faith in your car.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not if you have your work done at ECS (East Coast Supercharging) in NJ.
The owner Chris is also a viper owner and frequents this forum.

P.S. Congrats on your win.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive got a sales rep for a company that comes by in his 02 vortech z06 about 2x a month, i rode in it and it was strong, what do they run with no other real mods?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corvette owner didn't have a supercharger. He's got a heads and cam car with nitrous and he works on it all the time. I pass by his house and it's like a local Corvette hangout. I don't think his buddies like me now but they sure will respect me :D .

Actually I was more afraid of the nitrous because of the torque from it. I was told he had at least a 200 shot and stepped it up for the race. He said he wants to race again next week ;) .

-Lou
Once again I was right on the heads cam part ;) I highly doubt he was spraying a 200 shot. A stock z06 cant handle that much with a 10.5 compression ratio, a heads cam Z06 is prob at 11.1:1 compression ;) I really hope he tries to up his shot so you can embarass him again :D

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was an '03 S/C Z06 at the track friday running 5lbs of boost. Went 12.0 (once) but only at 116-117mph on drag radial. Not too impressive
Tell this to the "I run "stock"" Vette guys. But before they start whining and crying, like all cars there will be variables.

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Once again I was right on the heads cam part ;) I highly doubt he was spraying a 200 shot. A stock z06 cant handle that much with a 10.5 compression ratio, a heads cam Z06 is prob at 11.1:1 compression ;) I really hope he tries to up his shot so you can embarass him again :D

[/QUOTE]He put a heads and cam package on his car to use nitrous. I honestly don't know what the compression is on his car. Can't wait to meet up with him again :laugh:

-Lou

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't wait either Fishy. Kill him once more, make him whine and cry about you having 2 more cylinders and/or about you having forced induction. But you have your power adder, he has his; you have your 2 cyclinders, he has his softer susp. which is better for drag.

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't wait either Fishy. Kill him once more, make him whine and cry about you having 2 more cylinders and/or about you having forced induction. But you have your power adder, he has his; you have your 2 cyclinders, he has his softer susp. which is better for drag.
Not only that, he's lighter too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang