Sweet Ride Redux

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I went on vacation and sent my Viper in for some paint work.

They pulled the old tape stripes off and we're going with a gloss black base with red fleck in it. Not flaky like a bass boat but something subtle that you really only see in the sunlight. Painting the gas cap to match.

They re-painted the side sills and filled some chips in the back panel.

The front fascia was completely repainted and the bottom 10% was covered with chip guard. It should hold up a lot better on the bottom end. Not that anyone ever sees it... I just want to maintain some sanity when I hear the inevitable scrape across the pavement sound.

They also talked me into "smoking" all the lenses on the car. They had a few other cars in the shop that they had done it too and I couldn't pass it up. I'm in the process of gathering LED lights for the rear and turn signals. It should look pretty cool when it's completed.

I should have it back tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll post up pics of the finished product when I get a chance.

Windshield cowl piece:

2009_07_30_Phone_pics_2053.jpg

Front fascia with bottom 10% covered with chip guard:

2009_07_30_Phone_pics_2049.jpg

In the booth getting prepped:

2009_07_30_Phone_pics_2047.jpg

In the booth getting prepped:

2009_07_30_Phone_pics_2046.jpg

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting black or silver stripes painted on my red 2002 ACR. My old GTS with red with silver stripes. I kind of miss the stripes.

OP
OP
S

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting black or silver stripes painted on my red 2002 ACR. My old GTS with red with silver stripes. I kind of miss the stripes.

I'm all for stripes on (most) Vipers. I think red GTS' look kind of plain without them. I debated going white with my stripes as I like the look but I decided to stick with the red/black theme.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. I think red GTS' look kind of plain without them. .

I think that red GTS's look plain without being cover over with yellow paint but......:poke: :D:D

Really, with redoing the car, why did you not consider yellow? It was your chance to make things right with the world! :rolaugh::eater:

Seriously, looks good! You should be happy once complete! Will look awesome! (Somewhat...;))

OP
OP
S

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll make you a deal...

You do red stripes and I'll do yellow. That way, your car will be faster and mine will be slow enough for you to catch. :D

I saw the car today and it 90% complete. I'll have it back tomorrow aand hopefully get some pictures posted this weekend.

To say it looks badazz is quite an understatement. I'm very pleased with the results. :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, I already have red on my car. My brakes. Because red is slow, I saw it as a fitting spot for red to be on my car! :D

So, where are the pics? :eater:

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As always, looking forward to your pics...that Black Glossy paint w/red flecks...hope it shows in pics!
Glad ya kept the RED / BLACK ... awesome combination. Anxiously awaiting....:)
~juli

OP
OP
S

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, I already have red on my car. My brakes. Because red is slow, I saw it as a fitting spot for red to be on my car! :D

So, where arde the pics? :eater:

It was a busy weekend and I didn't get a chance to shoot any pictures. I posted some teasers in the "Thread without a subject..."

I'll see if I can get some good shots tonight or tomorrow.

And yes, I'm ignoring the slow red comment... ;)

I'm... I'm... touched...

Awww... Please, no tears in your beer. :nono:

I should mention that I didn't want to do the requisite hood vent painting that comes with white stripes. :rolaugh:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"arde"? Is today "speak like a pirate" day? "Arde me matey" :lmao: Helpful suggestion: type as slow as your car goes, that should cut down on 99.99% of all your typos :rolaugh:.

Arr ye land lubbers. ;) EVERY day is speak like a pirate day around my neck of the woods.

Yes, I do need to slow down. When you mix big fingers with yellow speed, well, pirate like things happen. :(

I am so disappointed in myself.:rolleyes:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arr ye land lubbers. ;) EVERY day is speak like a pirate day around my neck of the woods.

Yes, I do need to slow down. When you mix big fingers with yellow speed, well, pirate like things happen. :(

I am so disappointed in myself.:rolleyes:

I think it's those six eggs and loaf of bread you eat every morning. And the ensuing monster fart that must blow the keys into silly mode while your PC tries to recover from the blast wave.

Car pics please...

OP
OP
S

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's those six eggs and loaf of bread you eat every morning. And the ensuing monster fart that must blow the keys into silly mode while your PC tries to recover from the blast wave.

Car pics please...

In a moderate attempt to save this thread I offer up the following well thought out :hmmm: excuse for not taking pictures yesterday or last night. Are you ready for it?

It was partly cloudy :raincloud: all day and I couldn't get the red in the stripes to "pop" in the pictures.

You can corroborate the partly cloudy excuse here:

National Weather Service - NWS Phoenix

I'll give it another go today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang