T&D roller rockers in stock

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told that my "stands" were too high after my tech measured them. He said that the heads would need to come off for milling in order too make the mounting area lower in order to get the geometry correct for the T&D rockers. Do I have any other options?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T&D advises that one mills their heads I think .030 for proper stand height, however, it is not necessary for the vast majority if not all people(actually I haven't heard anyone mill their heads just to get rockers on) to mill your heads. Your tech is just going by what T&D suggests.

No one goes to that trouble just for the rr's. They just check the stand height when they are installed and make sure they roll correctly on the vavle and make sure the push rod lenght is appropriate. Hundreds have done it this way, but I don't guess it makes it "right", but it works fine.

If you do want to take your heads off, mind as well get them ported and polished and bigger vavles while they are off.

Oh and to answer your question you could use Arrows which work good also, but the stand height IMO is not/has not kept everyone else and myself from installing them.

John

Cody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told that my "stands" were too high after my tech measured them. He said that the heads would need to come off for milling in order too make the mounting area lower in order to get the geometry correct for the T&D rockers. Do I have any other options?

I had the same problem, now I've got a set of T&D's wondering what I should do.

FrankTHutchens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like I remember a performance rocker kit for small block Chevy's or something that included a tool you screwed onto the head somehow. It had a cutting tool on one end and its' cut depth was limited by the design of the tool to mill the rocker stand surface just a bit

...years ago.

Maybe something like this could be used

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many sizes of pushrods available. I went through the Mopar inventory when i did my rockers. They come in various lengths and are divided by color codes. I ended up using the green length but my heads were milled. I'm sure there's one that will fit the unmilled height.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32