Tampa Area

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning to go down to Tampa area from March 5th - 12th for the first time?

I will be down there for a week on vacation, unfortunately without my 01 GTS and I am looking for something to do like shows, events, etc?

I am looking for a nice cheaper place to stay near the Marriott downtown.

I would appreciate any help.

You can leave me a public or private post.

Thanks!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're not bringing your Viper or women then bring lotsa money and spend it all while your here. :)

If you're looking at hotels on the internet the ones in the Westshore area are not far from downtown. Don't know about the prices though.

Have you been here before? I can probably get a few of the Viper buds together for some cruisin', wings and chasin' women.

Stay a little longer. The 12 Hours of Sebring is March 12th through 15.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Tampa often...here's my $.02

Wyndham Westshore is a good hotel. Government/Corporate rates. Shulas Steakhouse inside is not bad. Try Burns also for steak...interesting place..ask for a cooks tour and have desert in the upstairs private desert room. Bahama Breeze for food, drinks and most importantly beautiful women is well worth a stop...they tend to park Ferraris Vipers etc away from the crowd too...crowded and noisy but fun. :usa:

Paul

OP
OP
N

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chuck and Paul..thank you for the replies.
Unfortunately, I will not have my Viper it is basically in storage thanks to the lousy weather :(
This will be my first time in Tampa and it would be great to meet some of you folks if you had the time.
I wish I could stay longer Chuck, but work calls...ugggg.
Paul...funny you mention Bahama Breeze...a friend of mine told me the same thing about the one in Farmington Hills, MI..haha
I will keep in touch!

OP
OP
N

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am meeting up with 2 other friends who are in the Tampa area and are getting some Yankee tickets in that area.
Actually, I do not know how far away (time) St Pete or Clearwater is?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH !!!!! I am sorry my mind is in the gutter. You see, I have hooked up with Chuck before and I am now corrupted...but it sure was fun. hehe

I think the ball stadium is in St. Pete....probably 15 minutes from St Pete beach. Clearwater would be farther from there but not to bad to Tampa....Like Chuck said 15 - 30 minutes. Check out an atlas

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOtta hit Ybor City on Saturday nite.... World Famous. It's like a Marti Gra all year round. 1 mile of clubs on the strip until 3 a.m. Live band clubs, techno, *****, etc.. Good Fun!
If you do hit Ybor, which I would highly recommend... YOU MUST try the famous Amphitheatre.... A unique experience and Tampa Bays Elite nightclub..

check it out.. http://www.amphitheaterybor.com/movies/ampV2.wmv

'tis where I live on Sat. nites..

Gerald

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh sure Chuck, let NJ off the hook for not bringing his Viper, and I get the gears all night for showing up without mine, and forced at Viperpoint to enter various Strip Clubs with many-o-lewd act in the makings as recourse. The nerve.........:D My untarnished image is shattered for good post-Tampa!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh sure Chuck, let NJ off the hook for not bringing his Viper, and I get the gears all night for showing up without mine, and forced at Viperpoint to enter various Strip Clubs with many-o-lewd act in the makings as recourse. The nerve.........:D My untarnished image is shattered for good post-Tampa!

You're Canadian. He's from Jersey. It's a close call so I flipped a coin.

OP
OP
N

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1TONY1 - GUILTY :-( Unfortunately, I will be flying Guys. Latest weather report says we are expecting between 6" and 10" more of snow this evening into tomorrow.

I would really like to hook-up with some of you guys.

You probably also saw the post from my other buddy, Joe, who will be in Miami at the same time. Hey Miami Clan - Take good care of him because he is young and innocent!!!
It would be really something if Tampa and Miami clan could meet at a halfway point!

CHUCK's phrase: "You're Canadian. He's from Jersey. It's a close call so I flipped a coin."
Ryan - Chuck only said that because my Viper is red like his and everyone knows ("TRY" to arrest me) RED is the fastest. ;)
Chuck - Did you really mean that "EH"??? :)

Question for you Chuck - What is this I am hearing about a 6 foot rule???? Say it isn't so!!!!!

Will send you guys some contact info offline if you are interested in getting together....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for you Chuck - What is this I am hearing about a 6 foot rule???? Say it isn't so!!!!!

Don't worry about it, it's not observed and it's not enforced. They passed that law so they could have another way to legally tax people when their coffers get low, like so many other laws we have. They only raid the place when some politician's wife gets jealous. In fact, I think they've only done it once. The owner of Mon's has some serious clout.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Untarnished image? LOL! Yeah, you were really pulled kicking and screaming into Mon's! :D

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Untarnished image? LOL! Yeah, you were really pulled kicking and screaming into Mon's! :D

[/QUOTE]

screaming for a drink, that's about it!!! That was quenched later however.....

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

screaming for a drink, that's about it!!! That was quenched later however.....

[/QUOTE]

Yep! Mmmm, Icehouse! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang