Tate Dodge Annapolis - Closed

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if this is old news but it looks like Tate closed its West Street Annapolis Dodge dealership. There is a Chevy dealer in its place now. Called the number and they are transferring callers to Glen Burnie. Pretty sad. A new Porsche dealership opens up downt the street and Dodge is gone.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was probably a smart move by Tate. He was really competing with himself, how many other dealers had the same brand in Glen Burnie AND Annapolis. Way too close to each other, 8 miles maybe and the same market really. Can you imagine the money he got for the property, plus he cut his costs in half while still able to pull the Annapolis crowd up to Glen Burnie as it's not that far and there is no other Dodge dealer closer in any direction.
I bet one of those stores was a Plymouth store originally as they are way too close to make sense. Interesting as he sold Chrysler at both locations too but Jeep only in Glen Burnie, there is a competing Jeep dealer in Annapolis. I bet he took a look at it and it just made sense not to be in both places.
Maybe he made the decision when Chrsler/Dodge stopped leasing.

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know Lee. There is enough demographic to support two dealerships ala Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Chevy and the like. I talked with one of the former employees and it was handled less than ceremoniously.

For guys like me on KI, Glen Burnie is just a pain and the Easton dealership hasn't seen a Viper there in years. Looked at me like I had three heads when I pulled in the parking lot. Glad AMJ is on the island.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine