Team Tech 6 point belts/ harness - install

OP
OP
redtanrt10

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce I'm not sure on the factory belt side? I went with lap belt on top, washer then sub-belt, washer. You want them to be tight but not too tight or they won't move to adjust and buckle. Are you going to buttonwillow? If so I'll bring the tools and help you. Mike

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce I'm not sure on the factory belt side? I went with lap belt on top, washer then sub-belt, washer. You want them to be tight but not too tight or they won't move to adjust and buckle. Are you going to buttonwillow? If so I'll bring the tools and help you. Mike

I'll be going to BW so see you this weekend.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great write up!!! Thanks!!

One quick question, how do you disable the alarm for the stock seatbelt when using the harnesses?[/quote]

I think the owner's manual adresses how to do it?

the first time I went to the track, I slid it over the seat back and clipped in in.

Now I just leave it off, if you're at a road course you won't here the chime.

Hey Redtan,

This has been bugging me for a while. If you leave the seat belt disconnected then you get the chime, which is irritating. More importantly I don't think you'll get an air bag deploy if you do crash. I think that the airbag does not deploy if the seatbelt is disconnected. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I wear my HANS in my race car but not in my ACR so I want the airbag to function properly if I do crash.

Greg

OP
OP
redtanrt10

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fireball I don't know the official dodge answer but I would suspect that the driver side airbag works whether the belt is connected or not. (I work for another manufacturer and our's does). Look at the passenger side, if you sit in that seat and start the motor the airbag light will go off even if the passenger is unbelted. Check with a dealer to make sure on the drivers side.

I went to Buttonwillow a few weeks ago, this time I buckled the belt (under my back) as we had a long wait time in the hot pits and the chime was very annoying. Do that if your concerned about the airbag.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hmm... don't have my owners manual with me... but I looked this up on another Chrysler forum
site. Probably the same:

Disable the Chime: The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by following these steps:
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off. 3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unfastened.

Viper 95 Kim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got my seat belts from a memeber that removed them from his car & sold it. Problem he left eye bolts in car. Doas Dodge part number it or do we go to Teamtech.

Randy Forbes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did these last weekend. Everything worked out, in the end, but I had to make my own spacers for the existing belts (none were included in the harness packages).

Also, I don't know what type of X'acto knife they were talking about in the instructions, but none of the five (5) or six (6) that I have is worth a damn at cutting fiberglass! I resorted to holesaws, a nibbler, and ultimately, files to make the cut outs in the rear trim panel.

See here: Gallery :: Viper_svc_10-22-10

Fortunately, I had some leftover Simpson hdwr on hand:

You must be registered for see images

I had to make these; trial and error, to get the right OAL, so the seat could be bolted back in:

Refitting the belts, so the hdwr would nest in minimum space:

Layout for harness slots (take your time & the results will be worth the trouble):

Right side spacers:

Test fitting:

Randy Forbes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edit: Server swap resulted in broken links to all the pictures, but the album they're in can be found here: http://spcarsplus.com/piwigo/index.php?/category/272

You must be registered for see images attach

I did these last weekend. Everything worked out, in the end, but I had to make my own spacers for the existing belts (none were included in the harness packages).

Also, I don't know what type of X'acto knife they were talking about in the instructions, but none of the five (5) or six (6) that I have is worth a damn at cutting fiberglass! I resorted to holesaws, a nibbler, and ultimately, files to make the cut outs in the rear trim panel.

See here: deleted, so edited entry
Fortunately, I had some leftover Simpson hdwr on hand:

I had to make these; trial and error, to get the right OAL, so the seat could be bolted back in:

Refitting the belts, so the hdwr would nest in minimum space:

Layout for harness slots (take your time & the results will be worth the trouble):

Right side spacers:

Test fitting: