Tech Question on 08

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 08 with 600 miles now. She is broke-in and runs great. My problem is every so often (twice today) the engine light comes on and a red light comes on and the car has about 1/4 of it's normal power. I pull over and check everything only to find nothing visual. I restart the car, now the engine light stays on and the red light goes off with the car running normally again. Then after about 10 or 20 miles I turn it off and back on again, now the engine light clears and runs like that for another 150 mile before it happens again. The manual says it most likely emissions equipment related.
Any one have this problem before??

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the red light look like a lighten bolt?iIf so this has to do with the electronic throttle control.Even though the engine light goes off the code will still be in the pcm.So a trip to a good dealer is in order. depending on the build date of the car it may just need a reflash of the pcm.

OP
OP
V

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the red light look like a lighten bolt?iIf so this has to do with the electronic throttle control.Even though the engine light goes off the code will still be in the pcm.So a trip to a good dealer is in order. depending on the build date of the car it may just need a reflash of the pcm.

Yep, it sure does. I'll check the connections just for good measure.
Anyone have a suggestion on a trust worthy dealer in my area.