Thanks for backing into my pristine 2003. Bodyshop anyone?

theamigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to work from home to day to receive the tires I ordered from Partsrack. It was so beautiful I also decided to take the Viper to Panera Bread in Gig Harbor for lunch. As I pulled into the parking lot I was behind a Ram 2500. As we made our way through the lot he stopped, and I stopped with plenty of room between us, and then he decided to stick it in reverse and back up. Right. Into. Me.

So, I've been after a Viper for a long time. I've had this one for less than two months. It was pristine, with only 2,000 miles on it. I'm pretty distraught.

Can anyone recommend a body shop in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

Pics:
In this one you'll see the cooler is bent. No leaks, though. The top of the fascia also has several cracks in it at the screw locations due to the bending.
DSCN0450.JPG

Front of car... His hitch hit right there and pushed everything back a bit.
DSCN0446.JPG

Pic 3: The black pieces are cracked.
DSCN0451.JPG

-Nathan

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blind Spot. I did the same thing with my F-350 4X4 Crew Cab (not with a Viper though). Put a nice hitch crease in the hood of a POS Ford ****** that had snuck up behind me at a stop light. The gal was estatic since all she said to her friend is "Now I 'll get a new car...yippie" Strange thing is that I never heard a peep out of USAA regarding the claim.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i dont know. a chain saw to the left arm sounds much easier to take than a dipwad backing into your viper..... :D

OP
OP
T

theamigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a crew cab diesel so I understand the blind spot problem. But, I left well over a truck's length between the two of us, probably close to 2. He backed up pretty quick. And, he should've been able to see me in his side view mirrors since I could see them.

Blind Spot. I did the same thing with my F-350 4X4 Crew Cab (not with a Viper though). Put a nice hitch crease in the hood of a POS Ford ****** that had snuck up behind me at a stop light. The gal was estatic since all she said to her friend is "Now I 'll get a new car...yippie" Strange thing is that I never heard a peep out of USAA regarding the claim.

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since my 2006 RAM 3500 has suffered parking lot damage 6 times (yes, that'***** and run 6 times), I've discovered a few body shop solutions.

In Bellevue, Bellevue Auto Repair does an excellent job. They are PEMCO certified (and several others), so you don't even need to deal with the insurance company - they go direct. I've had them work on my 300M, RAM, Jeep Grand Cherokee, etc.

Another option is a guy that Cam knows. I had my Viper's nose piece repainted (and two symmetrical screw holes fixed :dunno: ), and the guy did a great job at a reasonable rate. Contact Cam McCracken at Maltby Motorsports in Woodenville, because I don't have the details.

Hope that helps!

Steve

OP
OP
T

theamigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Cam picked up my car last night! I was already planning to take it in to him for a full checkup, along with a fluid and lube change, and tires.. and a seat lowering kit installation... So, it's all getting done at the same time. Great response so far, and he has been very attentive at returning my calls and emails.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that really *****. Anyway to hide the repairs so as to not hurt your re-sale value when someone in the future pulls up a car fax?

OP
OP
T

theamigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the guy was quick to throw his insurance info at me, and I've already started the claim process with them. I'm certainly going to request compensation for loss of value, or however it's referred to.

Wow that really *****. Anyway to hide the repairs so as to not hurt your re-sale value when someone in the future pulls up a car fax?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper