Thanks to all – Sebring Viper Days

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgive my boring writing skills but this is a "G" rated board.

First off, giving thanks where due…
Skip, Courtney and the gang. Another great event and a very nice Polo shirt!
Tom Sessions for the efficient work in getting everyone through tech and put into class.
NASCAR Dave and family for the Friday night steaks and brother Steve’s pit help.
Janni and Henry Cone for laughs and two sets of scrubs without a single flatspot or cord. How does that happen?
Ward Reasoner and Mike Stewart for the moral support.
Manny and Niner Dave for busting their butts getting my dead battery loaded on the trailer and laughs at Chilies to end the weekend, modifying the tray for Optima Red this week. Manny, hoping to do battle Neon to Neon at Pahrump.
Bill and Tomcat – good to meet you guys, hope to meet up again.
Doug Levin for sponsoring the trophies. :2tu:
Gary and Libby Lashinsky for sponsoring the event. :2tu:
Appropriately, the auction raised funds for the Paul Mumford Memorial.
Archer for their continuous Viper Days support.
Michelin for their continuous Viper Days sponsorship.
Mitch and wife UK for the pit help and the UK Viper pin.
Tim Galyan Pictureman for a million pics. Don’t forget to add the ladies to the CD.
My lady friends. No comment. They don’t read this board but I aint sayin’ anything anyways.
The Corvettes and Mustangs for keeping it interesting. Thanks for coming. :2tu:

I arrived late afternoon Friday in time for unloading, dropping wheels off with Archer for Michelin slicks, scarfing down steaks in the NASCAR Dave camp, check in with Courtney, a beer or two at the bar with Charlie (Maverick) and then out like a light early Friday night.

Saturday I had an exciting run into turn ten. Just before my brake point the upper water hose blew giving me a windshield full of fluid. Hot 50/50 mix doesn’t blow off the windshield like rainwater does, so I braked hard, downshifted like hell and I prayed to find the wipers before I found the wall. Luck was on my side and I limped back to the pits for 4+ gallons for the big V10 and a roll of toilet paper for myself. Thanks to Tom, F&L GoR for the rear caliper upgrade.

The rest of the day I gave rides with no incidents.

Sunday driver’s meeting saw the last of the night’s rain and we spent the morning drying the track with our street tires. By the second AM session everyone was switching to slicks. The track was still a little slow and you had to navigate a couple puddles but everything dried out by lunch time. I gave rides to a few folks on Sunday, one being a U.K. Viper fanatic who was visiting with his wife. Afterwards, UK Mitch pulled his weight by helping with a brake flush. It may not sound like much but by Sunday afternoon my tail was dragging and I really appreciated the help. Thanks Mitch and his lovely wife. And thanks for the U.K. Viper pin. :2tu:

My best time for the weekend happened on Saturday with a 2:30.***. Can't catch that Ray dude, he was smoking me by 4 full seconds. :mad: Just can’t seem to break into those 20s. Maybe this weekend.

Hope everyone enjoyed the rides as much as I enjoyed giving them.

No videos this week. Just too busy.

Sorry for the boring read. As Citysnake will attest I rarely type more than two sentences. Besides, I’m still recouping from the weekend. Whoever said driving wasn’t work isn’t going fast enough.

See y'all at Iowa.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a great weekend Chuck, glad you met Mitch and Suzy they're a fun couple live just 40 mins from me, he's a real viper nut and knows his GTS inside out

we need more pics ! :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We(Floridians) are very fortunate to have such a great track so close to us. Also Thank you Skip and crew for bring such a great event into our backyard. It was a great time had by all.

Cudaman :usa:

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would also like to thank Skip and the whole team to give us such a great event.
What a blast !!! It was my first, but not last.
Wonderful crowd of Viper Passionate ready to share friendly conversations.
Thanks to everybody I met for this really cool Week end. :2tu:

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll pile on my cudo's to the Viperdays crew .... Skip, Linda, CT, Tracey, Tom, Kevin, Penny, etc.

One of the best Vdays events I have been to.

Chuck is was great to meet you (thanks for the coolant wash of my windshield) and the other track rats from Fla. You guys are very lucky to have such an awesome track in your backyard and I am glad you had a chance to be a part of the Vdays experience and meet the great people that travel with the Vdays circus.

I hope we come back next year (looking for another 4 secs). :laugh:

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:laugh: Thanks to Skip, Courtney, and all the Guys & Gals that make Viper Days happen !!!

We Z06'ers really enjoyed the hospitality provided once again by the Viper Days group.

Cya @ VIR in July !!!

Trumper

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, at Archer Racing, said he thought this may have been the 2nd highest attendance at any Viper Days event. Let's start planning for the Highest attendance for 2006 VDays.

But I would like to thank Larry Mecedo and Doug Levin for there sponsorship even though they were not able to join in. Everybody involved in Viper Days are just great people. I think with some planning, we in Fl could make next year even better.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we come back next year (looking for another 4 secs). :laugh:
*groan* If you pick up another 4 secs I'm gonna hook a tow strap to you.

Trump,
Sorry I didn't get a chance to BS and do some Vette bashing with you guys. :) Maybe at VIR.

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D Thanks to Skip, Courtney, and all the Guys & Gals that make Viper Days happen !!!

We Z06'ers really enjoyed the hospitality provided once again by the Viper Days group.

Cya @ VIR in July !!!

Trumper

It was great running with you guys again.

Sebring is ******* the brakes....

I beat this slow 01 down to a 2:33, Trumper was faster then me, again. :D

See you at VIR :2tu:

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks to "My lady friends. No comment. They don’t read this board but I aint sayin’ anything anyways."

hmmmmmmm.... need to add a bit of color here for the boys Chuck.

When Chuck and I were sitting at the bar drinking and he told me he was single it gave me the excuse to make conversation with a cute girl and her friend next to me and introduce our single friend Chuck. I also saved them from the very tattooed Florida red neck that was hitting on them. Not that I have anything against rednecks.

After talking for a while we find out that the friend turns out to be her Mom.... so when Chuck says "my lady friends" this could be a great story for the record books.... :cool:

I am sure we'll hear all about it at our next get together.

They may even top all his funny police stories!

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...that picture of Chuck is when he said...is this trophy covering my stomach...

Truly another great event, only this was Sebring! Man, what a track. Chuck, Rich, George and all you guys that know this track like the back of your hand, I only wonder how many laps, tires, brake pads and fluids it would really take me to get a good flier.
Then speed racer Ray comes out, first time at Sebing, and runs a 2:28, instructing me in his almost stock Viper!

And don't forget Tami, she is a great instructor. She got my time down to a decent level very soon.
And Thank You Mother Nature for leaving Sunday morning so we could play some more.
Hope you all make it future Viper Days.
See you track rats next week in Iowa!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time Chuck! When'd you get Tom's rear calipers?

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back this evening from another day at Sebring. Gawd, I love that track more and more with every lap.

I popped Tom's calipers in for Viper Days and continued to beat on them today. I think it's a great low cost upgrade. I'll probably do it with my RT/10 in the future.

Bill, good to meet you but I'm going to have to bail on Iowa. Three weekends in a row drains the wallet so I've decided to be responsible and pay the bills instead of buying more tires, brakes, entry fees, travel cost, etc. I'll pick up the pace next month. What other event are you going to? VIR?

Now, about this mother/daughter team...