The 2009 VCA sponsored December race...................

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IS ON! Hey People, here it is! The Annual Viper race in December is on. This is the same race we had in Bradenton, FL but due to it's distance, their schedule and other issues, we wanted to make it a little more central. This race is being put on by the Central FL and Georgia VCA clubs. This race is being held in Valdosta, GA at the South Georgia Motorsports Park Dec. 12&13th!

This is going to be a 2-day event. First day (Sat.) will be test and tune along with the much anticipated Street Tire Shootout, but this year, instead of one Street Tire Shootout, we are going to have 2 :2tu::2tu:

Only approved OEM or equivalent tires allowed, no Kumhos or Hoosiers.

Stock class with bolt-ons allowed(determined by a council of officers)
and
Anything goes :2tu:

Both will have guaranteed payouts!

Sunday is the main event. Both days will be long and fun :D Gates open at 9AM, the day ends at 5 PM. See the flyer below. We are actively recruiting supporters/vendors and would welcome all who would like to join the VCA. You must be a VCA member to race, so now is the time :2tu:

If there are any question contact me or John Canal. Registration form will follow later today. Let's make this a great event:

Hey Mods, can we make this a sticky:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope some Gen3's with Paxton’s show up. I would like to see how my GTS would stack up against them!!!! Yes it is a call out:D:drive:

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK everyone, the hotel has been set. Newest place in the area and a lot of parking for trucks and trailers. The owners of the property has extra land around the hotel and will have it prepared if we need to have overflow parking. The hotel is about 14 miles south of the track. Here are the rates, use code "VIPER EVENT":

HAWTHORN SUITES
4025 Northlake Drive
Valdosta, GA 31602
229-241-9221; 229-316-0349 (fax)

Special Rates for December 10-13, 2009
When Making reservation, please give the front desk code Viper Event.

Room Type Description Your Price// Reg.Price # available
Not incl. taxes

SNQ6 Studio Queen Suite $75.00// $99.00 (5)
SNQ6 - No more than 2 people
SNQ5 Double Queen with Full Kitchen $99.00//$139.00
SNQ4 Double Queen $89.00 //$129.00 (16)
SNQ3 Studio Queen with Sleeper & Full Kitchen $99.00 // $119.00 (1)
SNQ2 Studio Queen with Sleeper $89.00 // $109.00 (12)
SNQ1 Corner Double Queen $99.00// $129.00 (8)
SNK2 Studio King with Sleeper & Full Kitchen $99.00 //$129.00 (5)
SNK1 Studio King with Sleeper $89.00// $119.00 (18)
EXE1 Double Queen with Full Kitchen & Desk $119.00 //$159.00 (3)
EXE1 - Up to 6 people with no extra person charge.
PNQ1 ADA Studio Queen with Sleeper $89.00 //$109.00 (3)
PNQ2 ADA Studio Queen with Sleeper & Full Kitchen $99.00// $119.00 (1)
PNQ3 ADA Studio Queen with Roll-in $89.00// $109.00 (1)

If there are more than 4 people in a room there will be an additonal charge of $10 per person.

All of our suites are very spacious. Every room has a refrigerator and microwave. We also have rooms with a full size refrigerator, stove top, and dishwasher. There is a hot breakfast every morning. Pictures are online at Hawthorn | Valdosta Georgia Hotel | Valdosta, GA 31602 | Near Colonial Mall - 5.1 miles, GTC Valdosta Cinemas - 5.2 miles & Valdosta State University - 6.3 miles.

Please give me a call if you would like to tour the hotel or to make a reservation for one of our suites or the conference room.

Thanks you,
Amber McCue
General Manager
Hawthorn Suites,
Valdosta
1-229-316-0291

BOOK EARLY, BOOK NOW!!! :2tu:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh I am back to a stock Viper Gen4. The Gen4 is equal to a Gen3 with just a Paxton running 7lbs of boost. The loser pays for drinks. This is good deal for you since you can put them away and I am done at one. You can't lose Josh.

Josh you better take of yourself over there. You don't have to kill them all on one bombing run although it would be nice. I have my flag of the day proudly displayed from the Sept mission. Burn Baby Burn.

The US Air Force Does Not Start Wars it Ends Them :usa:

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are on Richie!!! You do have an advantage over me though. I think you are the better driver. But you are right about the shots.:D

Can’t wait to come home! I also can't wait tell we bring back good old carpet bombing!!!

"We Americans, we're a simple people...but piss us off, and we'll bomb your cities.":usa:

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Racers, here is the registration form and a Visa form to fill out. You can mail it in to John Canals business or send it via email. Obviously, checks are fine too :2tu:

bradenton_2009_reg.jpg

Credit_card_form.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to maintain a Paid/racing list here. If I can keep it on the same post with help of the mods, I will do so. Otherwise, I will string it out on multiple posts. Also, make sure when you send in your payment, you also include your SCREEN NAME off one of the boards! Some have different names. Paid-up racers are as follows:
99 RT/10
1TONY1
TT RT/10
Fuelman
Cudaman
Overboost
RichieSRT10
99VPRGTS

If you have sent in your payment, PM me so I can update the list!!!!

Last edited:

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would Mickey T drag radials count for the street tire class? I just drove my car 80 miles, raced it all day and then drove it back 80 miles. I think they are street tires.

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would Mickey T drag radials count for the street tire class? I just drove my car 80 miles, raced it all day and then drove it back 80 miles. I think they are street tires.

hey Shawn,
the wear rating on the street tires has to be 150 or higher. I believe DR are somewhere around 40 or lower. They would not qualify. Still would love to have you run on Sunday in the main event. :2tu:

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want everyone to know that Gary Meyer(BAD68GTO) stepped up in a BIG WAY!!!! He has generously became a Silver sponsor thru his company: GEM Enterprises - Home

He will also be there to try to take away Tony Armours title as the King of the Roes! :D :D

Give him a call in you need anything electronic, (856) 486-1297
THANKS AGAIN GARY AND SEE YOU ON THE TRACK!!!!
:2tu:

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blast From The Past And Another Silver Sponsor For The Race!!!

Welcome Gary Javo!!!

His company is Sit & Sleep Mattress. We all know how important a good night sleep is! Give him a call or check out his website:

www.sitandsleep.net

Company Info:
Sit & Sleep Mattress
912-713-5286
Tempurpedic, Simmons, Sealy, Serta
Viper Club Discounts

:2tu:

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome GREG GOOD from Greg Good Cylinder Heads as a Silver sponsor!

Greg was the first person to step up and sponsor the race. He is always there for the Viper family. Please call him if you have any questions about better flowing heads for the Viper! 713-290-1103

:D:D

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, as hard as it is for me to say this, it looks like we will have to cancel the race. We just couldn't get enough people to participate. I don't know if it was the economy, time of year or just the apathy towards drag racing, :(. The race is off and I don't think it will happen again. It's really too bad because the facility at Valdosta is amazing!

If you have sent in a check to John Canal, please email or PM him if you want it back or if he can rip it up.

I want to thank all the sponsors for stepping up and supporting the VCA and it's members:

GREG GOOD CYLINDER HEADS IN HOUSTON, TX :2tu:
Greg Good Racing - Coming Soon

RINGGOLD DODGE IN RINGGOLD, GA :2tu:
www.ringgoldcdj.com

ARRON SCOTT AT SOUTH GEORGIA CORVETTES :2tu:
www.sgvette.com

GARY MEYER FROM GEM ENTERPRISES :2tu:
GEM Enterprises - Home

GARY JAVO IN SAVANNAH, GA- SIT AND SLEEP MATTRESS:2tu:
www.sitandsleep.net

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THESE SPONSORS ARE NOT THE USUAL BIG PLAYERS, BUT STILL ARE VERY DEDICATED TO THE VIPER COMMUNITY.

MOST OF THE BIGGER PLAYERS DECLINED TO HELP WITH OUR LITTLE RACE :(

KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR:

PERFORMANCE HEADS(GREG GOOD)
ELECTRONICS OF ANY KIND(GEM ENTERPRISES)
BEDS, BEDDING OR MAYBE A BIG SOFT CHAIR(SIT AND SLEEP)
ANY NEW DODGE PRODUCT OR MAYBE EVEN A REALLY COOL USED ONE :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32