The 9 cylinder Road Racer!!!!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It started about 7 weeks ago when I went drag racing with the SoCal Viper Club at LACR Palmdale. I lined up next to my old friend Venom Lover in his STOCK '01 GTS, we made 2 runs and he won one and I won one (via better RT), his times were 2/10s better and 2 mph faster, I was 4/10s and 4 mph off my times. Last week I raced at WSIR and barely pulled a Z06 in the straight and lost ground to a stock '02 GTS. Well something is wrong here. Last night I pulled my plugs and lo and behold #10 plug has a broken tip, well with 10 new plugs in I went for a ride and woohoo it felt like I put in a turbo, she was also idling 100 rpm higher. The upside is I turned my best track times with 9 cylinders, I can't wait till this Thurs. & Fri. at Thunderhill.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, So you're one cylinder short of a full bank.
laugh.gif

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
Last week I raced at WSIR and barely pulled a Z06 in the straight <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So now you're going to go around to the vette guys and say "I can beat you with one cylinder tied behind my back!"?
laugh.gif

Oh and you should get your ***** count checked , Candy said the tip was broken on that 10" plug too!
yesnod.gif

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well exccccuuuuuuuussse me Mr Dearing, I was not making excuses, I was stating a fact. I also turned my best time at WSIR with only 9 holes firing and I STILL stuck to your bumper. So watch out this Friday at Thunderhill
yesnod.gif
or this will be you
crying.gif
, watch your a$$!

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring on the smack! John, don't get him started on your Gen I pirouettes off turn 6.
sarcblink.gif

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW I think someone is taking this a little personal!

Ken turn 6 was a great place to show Ken Haney exactly what his car could do. He wanted to know what it felt like to spin in a straight line and continue on. That's exactly what I showed him. Most importantly was how to spin and NOT flat spot the tires. He was very impressed by this maneuver and thanked me for the lesson.
supergrin.gif

Ron I am trying to remember Willow...thinking....thinking...NOW I remember.. No I never saw a black Viper behind me. Are you sure??
laugh.gif

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda reminds me when PMUM was laying down 1.19's at MS Ranch (TX) with only 9 **'s (um' er', I mean holes, cylinders that is)! I think he did it out of mercy for the lowly scumball GTSR's that couldn't pass him in the the old silver bullet.

Peace, T

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, John and Ken... love the smack talk. Let me know the results... like I don't already know
laugh.gif

John, did you really pull-off a Danny Sullivan move with Haney's car (spin and keep going straight without comming to a stop)?

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, other than being slow
laugh.gif
what are the symptoms of a broken plug? Just curious if that's what was keeping me from doing better at Willow Springs
wink.gif

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig it was neat but being in someone else car was not fun for either of us. YIKES.

When I came over the hill in turn 7 I shifted into 4th and I guess the tires where still just off the ground when I hammered it and the Gen 1 did a beautiful spin maneuver right down the center of the track and yes with out stopping I continued on!!

Sorry I missed you leaving Santa Barbara. We ended up walking down the beach to the Pier. Stayed there till about 7pm. Traffic was hell coming home. 143 miles to home

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Craig:
Ron, other than being slow
laugh.gif
what are the symptoms of a broken plug? Just curious if that's what was keeping me from doing better at Willow Springs
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Craig, it wasn't that bad, I'm sure I was getting some spark but not all it should. it was a little rough and sluggish, idle was down 100 rpm and she wasn't as responsive or fast as usual. BTW I heard you got your money's worth at the last session at WSIR.

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I have to get in on this one. Not only did John spin my car he did a James Bond move by throwing rocks all over my car while I was chasing him the session before. Too hot trying to pull the mighty GenI down the front straight and then into the dirt and rocks.

I ran within 2 seconds of my best time (I run hoosers on my GenI) in John's car (on street tires) and he spun mine. Guess the GenII is a better car but it might appear the GenI drivers are more skilled.
laugh.gif

Ken