The first Viper you ever saw

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in 1996 (25 yrs old at that time) I saw a guy pull up to a bar & grill place with a Black RT/10. We were there to watch a football game. My jaw just dropped :jawdrop:and from that point on the Dodge Viper bacame my dream car. At 39 yrs of age (14 yrs. later) after a lot of planning and hard work that dream came true. I'm 41 now.

viperbuck93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a freind that worked in the Dode dealership here in town and they called me when the first Viper rolled in back in '93, a red RT10 I fell in love and I worshiped the Viper for the next 14 years until I bought my dream, a red '93 RT10 just like the car I fell in love with. Still in love and looking forward to owning another one. :2tu:

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My first experience was at the local Dodge dealership in Des Moines. My pals and I drove down to the dealer because we had heard that they had one in the showroom. We walked in and there she was, a red 92 in all her glory. We stood and stared for about 45 minutes, and when it was time to leave, I remember walking down her length adoringly and thinking to myself, "WOW this is the most incredible car I've ever laid eyes on, too bad I won't ever be able to have one" Joke was on me, I now own two of them!!!

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first time i can remember seeing one was at the Molson Indy vancouver in 92 or 93. I was 12 or 13 at the time. I had gone to the races with my dad to volunteer on the track but i wasn't old enough to be trackside so i got posted inside BC place. Inside there they kept the cars that the drivers are introduced in. There was about 25 or so vipers, all 3 colors and i just looked at them all weekend. I couldn't help it.

I've been talking about my dream car ever since. I finally bought it this past summer a 94 red rt/10 just like i was looking at all weekend. I love this car and the first thing i did when i bought it was go take my dad for a ride. He liked that i had dreams and goals but was never in a position to own one himself. he worked hard for his 3 boys to grow up and now its a joy to take him out for a ride.

Next year i plan to bring him along for a track day. then he can see what this car is really all about.:drive:

Jimmy

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First one I saw was back in the mid 90's in Flint Michigan. A red RT/10...I was in love with the suatty body of the RT/10 from that day foreward. Absolutly knew I would have one some day. At that time I was driving a 928 Porsche which I absolutly loved as well but I found out that Porsche's don't float! "DONT ASK"!!!! Went through a couple other "FUN" cars, raised kids for a while then decided before a college fund was needed, I better get "MY DREAM CAR"! :drive: End of story.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte