The fuel price just jumped 35% in my area !!!!!!!

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regular was $2.94.
Now it is up to $3.94 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labor day week-end is coming.
I hope all of you own Petrol stocks ...
Somebody will eat a lot of caviar this week-end.

Okay I think it's time to trade in my Hummer for a Toyota Echo.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
holy sh*t man. i am thinking of buying my own 1000 gallon tank for my house and am thinking i will gladly pay the 3.00/gallon for premium it is here tody cause tomorrow or next week it could be over 4 bucks

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so rediculous! Oil companies really ****! Poor guys have to raise oil prices, but they report record annual profits. ***, Yo???

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The oil companies are not the ones trading oil futures, it is investment houses and stockbrokers. Oil companies have very little to do with gas prices.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you guys better start putting your money in stocks that cater to the building supply trade and staple item trade. it doesnt take a genius to figure out that when gas goes up like this the costs of many other products will rise. also with katrina's wrath, building supplies, lumber, concrete... will skyrocket, in part from the hurricane, and in part from the gas prices. just my .02

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit blaming oil companies, if they would allow drilling and refinery building it wouldn't be the issue that it is.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit blaming oil companies, if they would allow drilling and refinery building it wouldn't be the issue that it is.

Drill Alaska dammit! The Alaskans want it... it's the hippies that's keeping it from happening. And time to uncap all the drills in the US. I'm sick of importing oil while we have so much of our own just sitting in the ground.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drill Alaska dammit! The Alaskans want it... it's the hippies that's keeping it from happening. And time to uncap all the drills in the US. I'm sick of importing oil while we have so much of our own just sitting in the ground.

Ditto

Dreamert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure how gallons compare to liters but we went from 1.06CND$ a litre today to 1.34CND$ ****** [******].... did I say this ***** !!??

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto

Double Ditto

carl B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys don't know you are borne

The fuel costs over here in the UK are crippling

Good job we have good beer

Carl

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just thankful that I can afford it. I am by no means wealthy but I have a viper, a nice custom bike, nice lexus. I feel sorry for all the peeps on a limited income that have to make ends meet every week.
Gary

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just thankful that I can afford it. I am by no means wealthy but I have a viper, a nice custom bike, nice lexus. I feel sorry for all the peeps on a limited income that have to make ends meet every week.
Gary
That is how I feel. It is the people on a limited income that I worry about. I can afford the increase though I don't like it. My lifes decisions have made me not worry about money, but it still *****.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price today went from $0.969 per litre to $1.24 a litre . CNN was warning that price would take a huge jump so I filled up all our shop truck yesterday !!! Thanks CNN

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Carl B,

HA HA HA , your so funny. Good beer= good buzz = forgot about gas prices... :D

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary

Way to look down on the common folk.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay...help me out on this one. I paide $267 for Supreme this morning...I stop by the sam gas station tonight to fill up my other car...$2.97 ***!!! And why are we so much cheaper than every where else in the nation...Hell Dallas and Houston average 10 cents Higher than Austin. Why are gas prices so different in other areas? I mean $6 in ohio??? That is rediculous!!!!!!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
saw cnn tonite saying places in atlanta were gouging its people at some stations at 6 bucks a gallon. heard the government is preventing the price gouging now with newly enacted legislature (so said cnn tonite) guess we will have to see. in the meantime, all my 5 cars got full tanks at a mere 2.89/gal. yesterday, now over 3 bucks!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when it costs over $110 to fill the viper tank like it does here and you've been paying it for years, then you can start complaining and you'll get some sympathy from us :)

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil....If I was paying that much to fill my Viper I would move to were they had autobans(sp?), so I could get my moneys worth every time I drove it. I would be driving with her to the floor all the time! :D

Cudaman :usa:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< WASHINGTON - President Bush raised the possibility Wednesday that Hurricane Katrina will lead to even higher gasoline prices.. >>

DO YOU THINK SO EINSTEIN?

<< ..and shortages in some areas, even as his administration moved to release oil from an emergency government stockpile and to temporarily ease pollution standards on gasoline and diesel fuel. >>

ABOUT F-R-E-A-K-I-N' TIME!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
saw cnn tonite saying places in atlanta were gouging its people at some stations at 6 bucks a gallon. heard the government is preventing the price gouging now with newly enacted legislature (so said cnn tonite) guess we will have to see. in the meantime, all my 5 cars got full tanks at a mere 2.89/gal. yesterday, now over 3 bucks!

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=68579

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when it costs over $110 to fill the viper tank like it does here and you've been paying it for years, then you can start complaining and you'll get some sympathy from us :)

Sounds like you have bigger problems in your country to make gas cost that much! Is it tax, lack of refineries, or what?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the main cost is tax.... about 80% of the money each time I fill go's to the government treasury, they havent raised fuel taxes since 2003. But everytime the refinerys increases fuel prices the government collect even more...

Apart from paying tax (17.5% of the total cost) if you buy a new car, we also pay $300 per year, per car as a 'road tax' which is supposed to be spent on the road mainternce/improving etc, but of course it doesnt all go on the roads and is spent elsewhere

They raise billions from cars, god knows where it all go's !! :(

We have some of the biggest oil producing companies in the world, like BP with oil rigs and refineries very close to home, they all turn over massive profits every year yet raise the oil costs if the wind blows in the wrong direction for 5 minutes, you never hear of them reducing costs :smirk: that would be news !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4245509.stm

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well folks, like the many of you here I am down about seeing the prices soar, but thankful I can afford the hike. now what troubles me is the fact that it seems in the near future that you will be lucky to fill up at the pump at all, and find stations with gas! I talked with my warehouse manager today in south carolina and was told many stations down there are running out of gas, charging well over 4/gallon. I was also told that the fedex truck drivers had been instructed NOT to allow there trucks get low on diesel fuel and to stop at any station they see selling fuel to top off, cause by monday they suspect to be out of diesel!!!!! i dont have to tell you people what would happen to our economy if the transportation/freight companies cant run due to the lack of fuel. CAN YOU SAY DEPRESSION! that is what worries me!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte