The great pickle debate - any update?

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been discussed in the past without any conclusion. Has anyone actually tried removing the pickles from their Belanger headers in a forced induction application to see if there was any signficant benefit to be gained?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the SVS guys did a back-to-back with and w/o. The gained about 40 RWHP on a S/C car. Search over at the Alley for the post.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hum... now is a good time to consider pulling them for me. anyone got other thoughts on this?

i'd do it right now except that i'm changing more than one thing at a time and the #'s wouldn't be accurate.

JD

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine are gone......speed last weekend at the 1/4.....148mph. I feel good that they are gone. Now they are great headers.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd lose them if I was you, JD. I put the Bellangers on my nitrous car and gained nothing. I wish I had removed the blockage before I put them on the car.

OP
OP
K

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine are gone......speed last weekend at the 1/4.....148mph. I feel good that they are gone. Now they are great headers.

How does that compare to before they were removed? Also, how did you take the pickle out? I didn't pay attention to how they were mounted in there.

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought some belanger headers and have them sitting in the garage now, would REALLY like to know the answer to this too.

are the pickles removable easy? havent really looked in there but i figured it was welded on to the pipe itself?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you do it for performance or for another way to shave weight.
I always thought you were 2 pickles short of a full load :D

prm06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a set that I haven't installed yet also. Does removing the pickel hurt the performance on a normally aspirated engine?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The _rumor_ is that they help with flow on a NA car but that they are a restriction on a forced induction car. maybe i'll pull mine just for fun to see...

JD

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think the best results will be on a highly modify car.... I would think a stock or minor modded car could actually make less torque because some back pressure is needed.

Speculation is not scientific results.

Cudaman :usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4