The Great Zaino Test

VVRRRMM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this very recent test on the BMW M5 messageboard. I am a user of Zaino (spent the money) so I am biased towards Zaino, but I do trust the findings as I have met the tester and he had no predisposition (towards any wax) going into the test on his Black Porsche 996TT. Just wanted the best results.
The Great Zaino Test
I know this will bring debate (after all, I bought and recommend Zaino), but felt it was a well written and worthy of all who are debating the merits of Zaino and other waxes.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was weird. It depends a lot on the type of material, paint and color. I know that Zaino works excellent on Ferraris and Viper (all red) and some are metal skin, some carbon fiber and some like the Viper. I have had geat results so far with Zaino, so I'm still staying with that. I really found that article to be good and informative though. Thanks

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya know...... I feel sorta bad for the guy who did that Zaino test. He spent ALL that time and effort to "compare" products, for what???..... only how much they "shine" right after you apply them or reduced swirl marks???? Hilarious!! Can I compete in his contest with a can of Pledge furniture polish??

If I was doing this test, I would have let the car sit for a few days, at which time I would have returned to see WAY less dust on the Zaino side. Further, I would have put the car out in the SUN for a week, and THEN compared the color and optical clarity.

I DON'T use Zaino because I think it gives me a better shine for a few hours after polishing. I use it because of how it looks and protects, days, weeks, and months after. I rarely even use my car cover any more to keep the dust off. I don't need it. Zaino does the job.

Just two cents from a confessed Zainoholic.

patriotx.gif

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for the test.... yes, he messed the steps up.

Yes, Wing King is right Pledge furniture polish will give the best shine, however it will NOT protect your paint.

Here's another test....
http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

However I must say, if I was doing a test, I would have done it completely different then both these test.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK GUYS. I KNOW SAL IS GOING TO ***** AT ME BUT I HAVE A FEW GRAND WORTH OF ZAINO FOR SALE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.

I AM NOT AN AUTHORIZED ZAINO DISTRIBUTOR I JUST LOVE TO SELL ZAINO.

OP
OP
V

VVRRRMM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also a fan of Zaino, but you miss the stated purpose of the test which was to test the claim by Zaino that it is superior in gloss and superior in swirl mark filling capability, and that with this test it didn't appear to offer any real advantage in either category. I not trying to prove or disprove this test, but apparently with regards to gloss and swirl mark filling its even with the rest, not superior on his black car.
As for longevity, there was no claim it was better or worse as it wasn't being tested.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well heck if all he wants to test is shine and filling in swirl marks why not test that liquid wax sold on TV. You know the kind that is color coded to match the paint on your car.

It fills in swirl marks and even small chips. It also shines like a neon light.

BUT 90% of it comes off with the first hand wash.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was another test done awhile ago that was posted from the NSX message board. This one was done on a hood that was left outside for a period of time. If my memory serves me right they used Zaino, Meguiars and both the expensive and cheaper types of Zymol. Zaino came in first and I think the cheaper Zymol was 2nd.