The "I HAVENT SEEN IT, BUT I DONT LIKE IT" Poll

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The \"I HAVENT SEEN IT, BUT I DONT LIKE IT\" Poll

Ever notice how most people who have seen the car in person usually end up posting something like this, "Wow! I didnt think I liked the design until I saw it in person - now I love it!"

King, you should qualify your votes into three groups:

1) People who have actually seen the car,
2) People who havent seen the car other than prototype/one-off photos,
3) People who are never happy about any kind of change whatsoever.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: The \"I HAVENT SEEN IT, BUT I DONT LIKE IT\" Poll

Your opinions are 100% welcomed Michael. I for one am just trying to do something constructive with my feelings on the car. I love change! I've also never seen the car in person. But I have seen enough to formulate an opinion. You sound like you definitely have one - so why not vote instead of attracting the "wrong element" (from both sides) to the poll.

Thanks.

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll wait until I actually see one, thanks. As someone who spends alot of time behind a camera, I know that what you see in print is not always what you get in person.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fair enough buddy. Fair enough.
smile.gif

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Ever notice how most people who have seen the car in person usually end up posting something like this, "Wow! I didnt think I liked the design until I saw it in person - now I love it!"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

umm maybe you should do a search, there are far more "seen it, still hate it" posts... that's unless you've deleted them all
rolleyes.gif

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've seen the SRT in person. And, while far from a rolling disaster (if cars, in general, are the competitive set), I think the car's better angles have been captured in photographs.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I went to the Chicago auto show 3 months ago just to see the SRT. Very disappointed. UGLY. 50 Horse??? So what, give me something to look at!
dead.gif
dead.gif
dead.gif
WHY?????? WHY DID THEY DO THIS?????????

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've seen it in person. If "not as bad in person" is a positive vote then...well.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've seen it, heard it, stared at, no go.....

GT40, different story, it's a feeling you get when you spend time looking at a car, if you feel it when you get a chance to check out an SRT, more power to ya! I didn't so I bought a GenII..............

David

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The first time I saw a picture of a GenI Viper -- I fell in love with it. This was even more pronounced when I saw a picture of the GenII Coupe. The designs of the GenI and GenII burnt an image into your brain -- even when they were tiny 3"x5" pictures in a magazine. The GenIII clearly doesn't have the same effect on me, so right off the bat this is a bit disappointing...

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Saw the SRT-10 at the LA show- realized I didn't like it in person either, and bought a 2002 instead- nuff said!
I am looking forward to the GT-40. It feels like another cutting edge design icon is in the making.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

The very first time I saw a Viper Photo I loved it! When I saw it in person a few years later it just made my heart flutter.

The very first time I saw the SRT photo I was like "oh well at least it still LOOKS like a viper." When I saw the Comp Coupe at the Philly auto show my heart sank. The coupe looks half way there I imagine with the top off it goes all the way.

Sad part is (other than being allowed to sit behind the wheel of M5) the (never-to-be-built) Charger RT was the only real highlight of the show.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think we've seen ENOUGH pictures of the car already. I knew what a GenI viper looked like and didn't seen one in person yet, but from the photos I knew I'd love it.

I've seen 100 times more photos of the SRT-10.. I know where I ( WE) stand on it..

Gerald

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
I think we've seen ENOUGH pictures of the car already. I knew what a GenI viper looked like and didn't seen one in person yet, but from the photos I knew I'd love it.

I've seen 100 times more photos of the SRT-10.. I know where I ( WE) stand on it..

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXCELLENT post Gerald! My sentiments exactly!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I actually saw it in person prior to seeing it in photo's, and the looks themselves did not do it to me. But what did make me fall in love happened 2 days later. I was on the upper stand at the Detroit Show and they had an RT/10 right next to the SRT/10. At that point the SRT/10 became a beautiful creation, the width, stance, and additional power all came into focus at that point. From that day on I got used to the ideal that as much as I love the looks of my RT/10 that is would now be relegated to second class (looks wise) in my eyes.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A car shouldnt have to "grow on you". Especially when you are spending $80K.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

saw it in person, liked it, didn't love it. won't buy it.

Unlike Chuck, I will never have two vipers if this is the only RT that they'll make. Too many other nice cars out there. My second viper will be a ferrari or Lambo... I can't justify buying an expensive non-exotic looking exotic...

Not that I can justify the initial Viper either.
smile.gif

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
I think we've seen ENOUGH pictures of the car already.

Gerald
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerald, I'm still waiting to see a picture of the Black SRT from the front.(That's a REAL black SRT, not a doctored picture)
So if you've seen any I'd be much obliged
smile.gif
Thanks.

Paul

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hated the car at first... really hated it.

After I lost my GTS, I had to decide on a 2002 GTS or wait for the next Viper. I am getting an SRT hopefully in a few months.

Some of the pictures of the car are really horrible. When I saw it in person, I was amazed at how wide it is, and how low it is. Amazingly slanted windshield, huge wheels, and from the front, it looks like one MEAN ****.

Like Steve, I think when people see these two cars next to each other, it will really make a difference.

Folks say "it shouldnt have to grow on you"... well, the Viper was a new design in '89 as a concept. This is the FIRST change to the original style. Of course it will take time.

It should have to take time? Well, it always does.

EDIT,

Michael, I was thinking the same thing, however it would toss a wrench into King's poll to change the metrics at this date. I would be interested in...

1) How many folks dont like it and have not seen it in person (PLEASE DONT TELL US "I DONT NEED TO SEE IT" - THAT IS NOT THE QUESTION!)

2) How many people saw it in person and still dont like it

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The "radical" is missing from the looks. Maybe we'll just have to wait for GenIV or Chapter 4 or whatever they're gonna call it, to bring it back.

It aint bad, it aint ugly, it aint radical.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've noticed that a car takes on an image sometimes that elevates it beyond ugly. Eventually, its reputation changes its outward appearance for car guys. Form FOLLOWS function, and soon when it comes on the scene, even though it's not the prettiest design, it DEMANDS respect from all.

Consider the 440-six-pack Road Runner.

Ugly as sin, but when one pulled up to you at a stop-light, you swallowed hard, and hope he didn't see you in your beautiful-but-oh-so-outclassed Camaro. Eventually, you learned to RESPECT the car, and that respect turned to admiration, and that admiration turned to love.

That's Mopar Power.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Saw it in pictures didn't like it.

Then saw it in person and thought hey I bet old people will like it.
smile.gif

Saw it - Didn't like it.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hello;

I think the SRT need some wheel well bulges like the older porsche Turbo. Maybe the term should be "fender flares"?

I like the SRT and have one ordered.

The flares could make a huge change.

Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte