The Inevitable!

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A smaller, higher revving DOHC V10 would be fine with me too. The carerra GT has one of the most amazing engine notes I've ever heard in a street car. It's sounds world's better then my acr.

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I last spoke to Dick W. on the subject of our V10, I think he said that we were safe for the next 5 years from a regulatory standpoint. Of course, the Obama Administration's EPA may change their mind at any time.

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is this even a topic?
If it's not a V10, it's not a Viper. Period.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something is only inevitable if you say it is, and if people don't do anything to make sure the "inevitable" will not happen by whacking the right people straight in the head with clear and undeniable facts. That is all for now :eater:

stingray23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A smaller, higher revving DOHC V10 would be fine with me too. The carerra GT has one of the most amazing engine notes I've ever heard in a street car. It's sounds world's better then my acr.

That would be sweet, but it would lack low end torque. How about a turboed version though?

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be sweet, but it would lack low end torque. How about a turboed version though?
Torque is interesting but I've had the very opposite if this car: Honda s2000 and enjoyed it very much. It's HP/torque ratio was very different than the viper but still very enjoyable. I personally prefer NA vehicles.

Also, high revving doesn't necessarily mean the torque is low, just low compared to how much HP it makes. With variable cam technologies etc the torque/displacement can be kept very high which results in high performance. Ultimately, the viper is more than just the engine. I for on could enjoy a lower torque higher HP viper as much or more than the one I have now. But, everyone is different.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting tweet from Ralph:
"I have a good feeling Washington will become much more collaborative in the coming months! Excited to see this country hit on all cylinders!"

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torque is interesting but I've had the very opposite if this car: Honda s2000 and enjoyed it very much. It's HP/torque ratio was very different than the viper but still very enjoyable. I personally prefer NA vehicles.

Also, high revving doesn't necessarily mean the torque is low, just low compared to how much HP it makes. With variable cam technologies etc the torque/displacement can be kept very high which results in high performance. Ultimately, the viper is more than just the engine. I for on could enjoy a lower torque higher HP viper as much or more than the one I have now. But, everyone is different.

It's about the area under the torque curve. Would depend on the torque profile of the particular engine in question. Also, engines are less-efficient at higher RPMs since there's more power lost to friction when everything's moving fast. Also means that at higher rpms the engine will produce more heat, which would require a more substantial cooling system to compensate.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this mpg was a concern, you would not see SRT moving the Viper from 3.08 to 3.55 rear gears. The whole mpg numbers from regs are bs numbers. They are not real world. I believe the viper is SRT to qualify for small vehicle manufacturer status, for SRT like Saleen did. There are different fed rules for a small vehicle manufacturer where they do not have to meet the same bs.

OP
OP
N

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So with all that has been said what would you think about a Gen VI Viper with a 5.0L, Direct-Injected, Hemi, that is both supercharged and turbo'd with a "Valet"/Fuel saving mode that would cut the boost for mileage purposes? 700HP/700lb/ft TQ and still hit 25 miles per gallon or better hwy and 15 or better city? Can it be done? What a feather is SRT's hat to bring that to market? Possible or pipe dream?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
So with all that has been said what would you think about a Gen VI Viper with a 5.0L, Direct-Injected, Hemi, that is both supercharged and turbo'd with a "Valet"/Fuel saving mode that would cut the boost for mileage purposes? 700HP/700lb/ft TQ and still hit 25 miles per gallon or better hwy and 15 or better city? Can it be done? What a feather is SRT's hat to bring that to market? Possible or pipe dream?

Umm ya, let me help you.

IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A V10 IT'S NOT A VIPER

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang