The long GOODBYE......

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Even though you had it a lot longer than I did, I know how you feel! It was hard to let it go. But it's been in good hands all these years and let's hope the new owner will enjoy it and care for it as much as you did!

Reminds me very much of this day:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Keith

(soon to be "Back In Black")

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Wow!

Keith, I have a whole binder of pictures from that whole summer! I will remember that day forever......FIRST rock chip I ever got was on that first test drive!

For those who haven't followed.....Keith sold me the car in summer of 99, a few months after VOI5, in fact, there is a very cool poster from VOI5 that had BOTH panoramic shots surrounded by Las Vegas chips, cards, and other VOI5 goodies. I have that poster, framed.....and in it you can see Keith standing next to the car.

That is Paul Ronald, above, with his 96 Indy Ram that matched his 96 GTS. The VCA was like that! Paul drove me from Olympia, Wa. to Minnesota (is that right?) to pick up the car and trailer.....and all the way back. THEN, he let me stay the summer before I went back to Italy!

How the car has changed!

The new owner, Jeff, is getting the window sticker I framed, it is surrounded by pictures of that summer....hopefully he'll like it.

And, we come full circle....Keith is soon to pick up another Viper. :2tu:

it would have been very nostalgic(-sp) if Keith had bought his old car back from me after 8+ years.....but at least he is back in a snake!! :)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many memories. The car will be missed to be sure, but the real loss is having you gone from the Viper nation. I truly hope that you will "hang around" for the next couple years while you contemplate your next Viper (and your son's grades). Seems that darn near everybody on these forums today has been positively affected by your work here over the years. Truly THE unsung hero of viperclub.org. Few people realize the constant work (and resulting pressure) of keeping this site flowing on several levels: Technical, political, and socially. You addressed each and every one of those levels superbly - many times biting your tongue to the point of bleeding no doubt.

I bought my first Viper in 1999 and clearly remember loading it up in the truck when it went to its new home (also in Georgia!). It was a sad day indeed, but then I also knew that my Viper family was still there. The cars are awesome, but it is the people that really bring it all to life. I sure hope you will stick around to kick-start it every once in a while!

Thanks for everything you have done for me, the website, the VCA, and the Viper Nation as a whole.

Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960