The proper way to clean your Viper (pics)

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen posts by so-called Viper enthusiasts with instructions for how they wash and Zaino their Vipers in their driveways using such-and-such sponges, detergents, and drying napkins.

SLACKERS!!! You might as well buy some turtle wax and a Corvette!

A true Viper enthusiast will disassemble his car, and hand-clean and polish each individual body panel in his living room while watching the Barret-Jackson auction:

You must be registered for see images

(Just kidding, I had the sills off while doing some other stuff and decided to scrub out the truly astonishing collection of tire turds that I'd picked up on the undersides from last year's track days):

You must be registered for see images

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That actually looks like the best way to get the side sills clean. Unfortunately I think my wife would have a hard time with me doing it in the living room on the carpet.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That does look like an effective method of cleaning. I have just about given up on keeping the car clean after the track has put chips, scrapes, knicks, dents, etc... all over the front and lower part of the car. I will probably just have the car repainted after a few seasons.

Good luck next year.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shines up real nice!! :2tu:
Maybe only Silver GTS owners do that,as I have done the same, although in the garage! :laugh:
If I was around in the winter I would probably take other pieces off to clean! :D

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got up this morning at 5 am, had absolutely nothing to do and I remembered this thread. I went down in the garage, removed both side sills and gave them a good thorough cleaning inside and out. They waxed up great! While I had the car in the air, I removed all 4 wheels and cleaned up the wheel wells and the suspension parts too. Thanks for a great idea! Now, if it would just rain and clean the salt off the roads I'd be in good shape.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc,

I am sorry that I won't see you this week at MSR. Nancy told me that you would be there in Feb. I am going to MSR on Feb. 12th with Ed Paez's group if you are free.

You are going to blow by me with your new car!

Newt

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456