The SCREAMING is gone!!

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed EBC greens on my FE GTS because I couldn't stand the loud screeching of the brakes. It was almost embarrassing to drive it. Now there is no noise what-so-ever. What a welcomed change. We will see how they are for brake dust on the wheels.

Bob K :2tu:

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are going to be very happy with them. A little less stoping power, so be careful until you get used to them.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting ready to install new crossdrilled rotors and the EBC greens. Just wondering if I should also change out the brakefluid. The car is a 99 GTS ACR that I just bought. Are any special tools needed? I remember when I did my corvette I had a special tool that pushed the calipers in so you could easily replace the pads.
I also would like to paint or powder coat the rear caliper. The front calipers look good but the rear could use a touchup.
I would appreciate any tips you guys could give me as I am a little rusty in the brake dept.
Thanks
Gary

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting ready to install new crossdrilled rotors and the EBC greens. Just wondering if I should also change out the brakefluid. The car is a 99 GTS ACR that I just bought. Are any special tools needed? I remember when I did my corvette I had a special tool that pushed the calipers in so you could easily replace the pads.
I also would like to paint or powder coat the rear caliper. The front calipers look good but the rear could use a touchup.
I would appreciate any tips you guys could give me as I am a little rusty in the brake dept.
Thanks
Gary

I use a turkey baster to suckout all the fluid in the master and then bleed the rest out of the line. Old school, right? :D Also, mI would recommend against the crossdrilled rotors. Mine have cracked under very light useage:

1882MikesRotors005.jpg

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WoW that *****. I have already puchased them so I'll just have to give them a go. This is what mine look like.
9350rotor.jpg

Thanks
gary

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I LOVE IT when they sceram like a baby hog!!! Then everyone looks at you,thats when I hold up my sign What you lookin at fool!!!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normal high performance brake sounds.Either brake harder or easier to stay out of the squeel zone.I don't get the brake dust thing.That's what a california duster is for or a bucket of water. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was the stock pads that were screaming and mostly with slow easy braking like around town and in the recent 4th of July parade.
Paul - I like some things squeeling like a pig but my car is not one of them!

Bob K

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like some things squeeling like a pig but my car is not one of them!
:headbang: :headbang:

I've been using hawk pads for a while and they work faily well but seem to fade fairly fast. Not sure what i'm going to try next, but EBC greens and brakeman 3's are near the top of my list.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are going to be very happy with them. A little less stoping power, so be careful until you get used to them.
I must be in the minority - I saw an *increase* in stopping power over the stock pads. Since they are half the price of the stock pads, less dust, and, to me at least, better stopping power, they are a win-win-win for me. I'd be interested in what others observe concerning stopping power.

In an autocross situation, I noticed they were easier to *un*-lock once you pushed them to lockup - I could modulate to, and back away from, lock-up a lot easier with the EBC greens.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21