THE STING

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 48 hours is up and the dealer GM & OWNER called me this afternoon to state they are ready to deliver the car to Mac and his wife at the origial contracted price as ordered by Mac with Royal Dodge. Mac has also received the same call and the dealer GM is following up with Max their verbal agreement in writen form. Max will notify me as soon as he has written verification and schedule pick time. I will follow up on this board as soon as the deal is completed.

Eric

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be TOO skeptical, but...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric:
The 48 hours is up and the dealer GM & OWNER called me this afternoon to state they are ready to deliver the car to Mac and his wife at the origial contracted price as ordered by Mac with Royal Dodge. Mac has also received the same call and the dealer GM is following up with Max their verbal agreement in writen form. Max will notify me as soon as he has written verification and schedule pick time. I will follow up on this board as soon as the deal is completed.

Eric

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Translation:

"We talked to our lawyer for the longest time and he couldn't figure out a way where we could get out of the contract, so we're going to grudgingly give the guy his frickin car and we'll be sure to never sell a Viper for less than mega-markup again!".

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MEGA MARK UP? This dealer will only sell Vipers to non VCA members. I guess they figured that having the SRT on the showroom floor for an extra 48 hours helped to generate some 'traffic' and they sold a couple extra Neons because of it. Actually this wasn't such a bad idea. When they get tier non-certificate 2004 SRT, it will sit on the showroom floor for a LONG time and payoff by people coming in off the street to see it, dream about it, then plunk down 10K for the Intrepid on the used car lot. Weasels.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When dealerships are sold from one entity to the next, due diligence is conducted. In this process, any contracts that are not accepted by the NEW buyer are still the responsibility of the OLD buyer. The cert holder in this case has recourse by suing one of the parties, either the seller or buyer depending on what contracts were assumed in the sale. My gut tells me that all sales contracts were assumed. I agree with whomever said to get an injunction to prevent the dealership from selling the car. That will screw them over big time. They end up paying floor planning on the vehicle and then risk losing the case in court. Any lawyer should be able to accomplish this. The new owners definitely sound like a bunch of a*****es.

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eric, my complements to your effort in resolving this issue and the show of support that you demonstrated toward the membership of your region.

Mac, congrats. I guess it's fair to say that this car will have an extra special feel to it.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great reading and outstanding work done by all involved. It's a shame that it had to come to this. This dealer's greed cost them $$$$$ in future revenue from the Viper Nation. Congratulations to CMG on the new SRT! :)

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

QUESTION: Will there be "good will" between the customer and this "dealer" when all is transacted?

Just curious as to whether this dealer is trying to reach out goodwill after all of the drama is over. It is a shame, especially if the SRT owner has to find a more inconveniently located dealer to get service.

Congrats on the new SRT! The Viper Nation is a great bunch of people.

I hope it works out well in all aspects!

Jim

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Due to weather, Mac took delivery of his SRT this morning at 11:45 and was grinning like a Cheshire cat as he drove down the interstate.

Eric

brettvette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the response from the dealer, hard or easy in the final dealings???
I am glad Mac got his car finally, Congrats and enjoy it I am jealous Mac, I still don't have a Viper.....

OP
OP
C

CMG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOT IT

Never, ever underestimate the impact of Viper enthusiasts in action. An overwhelming and much appreciated response that made it happen. Thanks for your help.

Eric johnson and John Slaughter stepped up with a lot of help. Our thanks to them.

It was a horrendous buying experience. The settlement and delivery was on the cold side of chilly. Needless to say, we will avoid the Alexander dealerships in middle TN in the future.

OK the SRT. It is a better Viper. I admit it does not have the kick asp look, but it is awesome. The quality, fit and finish of the interior is great. There is no comparison to the Gen II. It stops. It is a better highway cruiser. The downside is that short people, five footers, like to drive it. I don't know weather it is the seat height, slope of the hood, handling, or what, but if you are height challenged you will like it a lot better. Get ready for some right seat time or stay with what you've got.

Our thanks to all of you.

Ps. I tried to post a photo but bombed.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Too bad the new dealer had to forever taint the buying experience of CMG.

Glad I don't have to buy there.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOT IT

Never, ever underestimate the impact of Viper enthusiasts in action. An overwhelming and much appreciated response that made it happen. Thanks for your help.

Eric johnson and John Slaughter stepped up with a lot of help. Our thanks to them.

It was a horrendous buying experience. The settlement and delivery was on the cold side of chilly. Needless to say, we will avoid the Alexander dealerships in middle TN in the future.

OK the SRT. It is a better Viper. I admit it does not have the kick asp look, but it is awesome. The quality, fit and finish of the interior is great. There is no comparison to the Gen II. It stops. It is a better highway cruiser. The downside is that short people, five footers, like to drive it. I don't know weather it is the seat height, slope of the hood, handling, or what, but if you are height challenged you will like it a lot better. Get ready for some right seat time or stay with what you've got.

Our thanks to all of you.

Ps. I tried to post a photo but bombed.

Glad to have been able to help out, keep on posting about the SRT experiences!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187