The Yellow Fever Is HOME!!!!

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone,

Check out the Yellow Fever www.samgroup.com/yellowviper
All the information below is at the website also.....

The Yellow Fever is finally home and it feels GOOD! I think as of today it has only about 450 miles, the upgrade took place at 165 miles. I just could not drive a completely stock Viper...

Larry Macedo from Performance Motorsports completed all the work. I am ecstatic with all the work from Larry. He is very meticulous and he only knows one way to do something, RIGHT and no short cuts! Larry and Wendy (his wife) would send me digital pictures every few days of the Viper which made the wait much easier and enjoyable. I have known Larry for about three years and he had completed almost all the work towards the end of the life on my 1999 Venom ACR, so this is not a one time deal for me. Larry was very helpful with great ideas and changes as we moved along. "Larry is the Man" when it come to Viper upgrades, try him!

The Viper is almost perfect. With the new exhaust system it is very loud but not to loud, in a closed up garage it is wild...It has just enough lope in the cam but not enough to drive you crazy. The Viper's sound and power now match each other!

This is my second time around for me you learn a lot and you save yourself a ton of money.

In just a few days many people here in Greenville, SC have spotted the car. The wife and I go to movies and park it out on edge of the lot and I have friends who have gotten in touch with me in a few days and informed me my Viper was creating a mob scene in the parking lot. The students (Grades 1-12) at my daughters school have seen it about 5 times now and they still bow and give the Viper the royalty praise in and out of the school. We had Viper Day there last Friday. I came at the end of the day raised the hood let as many kids who wanted to sit in either seat take all the pictures they wanted ask all the questions they wanted. Two most popular "How Fast and How Much"? They new I was coming and some even brought camcorders to school to mark this event. If you have never done this try it sometime and see what happens...you will have a few new young friends and have a chance to communicate with our youth like you never have before. I leave it at my office and park it in our lot so it can be seen from the street. All day long I see people pull down in our park, some just look, some bring their cameras, some come and just get out and look. Some come to the door and ask if they can go look at it....everyone is different but how many cars in the world get this kind of attention?

Stage II Cylinder Heads - Larry
Installation Pkg. (includes: upper gasket set, oil pan gasket, front cover gasket,
front oil seal, spark plugs, thermostat, oil and filter, head bolts
Heavy Duty Half Shafts - Larry
Half Shaft Bolt Kit - Larry
Billet Camshaft - Larry
Roller Lifters - Larry
One Piece Moly Pushrods - Larry
T&D Roller Rockers - Larry
Double Roller Timing Chain and Gears - Larry
HMS Carbon Fiber Air Box - Larry
K&N Filters - Larry
Magnecore 10mm Spark Plug Wires - Larry
Headers - Belanger - Larry
Exhaust - Belanger high flow cats - Larry
GT-2 wing - Purchased from JonB - Larry install
Front Air Splitter - Larry install
Team Tech 5 point seat belts yellow and black - Purchased from JonB - Larry install
Roll bar painted yellow - Purchased from JonB/Autoform - Larry install
Stop Tech BIG Brake System, steel lines - Purchased from JonB - Larry install
Sold stock wheels put some beautiful Fiske's - Purchased from Bobby Archer
Driver seat lowering kit - Purchased from JonB - Larry install
Valve covers and intake powder coated yellow - Larry
Changing all the yellow viper badging to black -Purchased from JonB - Larry installed
Paint Viper logo yellow on "inside" of hood - Purchased from JonB - Viper Mats - Maurice Liang
MGW knobs, shifter and gas cap - George

Lawrence D. Macedo
Performance Motorsports LLC
(407)366-0366
[email protected] www.performancemotorsportsllc.com

Thanks,
Sam
Sam Kelly
"You must first Give in order to Receive"
President, SAM Group, Inc.

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We someone spent a ton of money. The question is, What kind of power has it layed down???????

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, looking really good! I got a question about your belts, i was wondering why you have the stock ones and the 5 points installed? also did u check out hte BTR roll bar? if so why did u pick the autoform, just wondering if you saw any advantage in it cause im looking for one myself. .....good choice going yellow
biggrin.gif

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, Sam looks great!! I am in the middle of what you have had done and a little more.
smile.gif
The yellow roll bar and 5 point belts look great.

Do you have any dyno numbers? How about flow numbers on your heads?

Looks like Larry did a first class job - now you just need to get that motor broken it.

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Belanger Headers and exhaust sounds will be on the site in the morning. This is the first website I have ever done, took FrontPAge Monday and Tuesday night so please be kind....I will keep my day job.

Tony Besh,

It is about to kill me to find out....It has the power of my Venom 600 but I will not know for sure and what really counts until we can get it on the dyno, and I WILL.

Vipermad,

Thanks for the comments on the Roll Bar it is one of the things that is noticed first and especially anyone who knows me....People sitting a lights behind you, you can almost read their lips and make the hand gestures describing the roll bar to their passengers.

RockyTop,
Hope to see you sooner if I remember right I have a one day credit at Road Atlanta that we did not use. Good place for a little practice!

Yellow02,
If I understand your question correctly, standard for the streets and 5 point for the track??? Autoform for the roll bar because that is their focus and BTR on the heads that is his focus. Bottom line I feel real good about both. The roll bar is so much sturdy and better looking than the one I had in the Venom (HMS supplied). To be honest I am not sure that the BTR roll bar and the Autoform are not one in the same.....can someone help us? US Yellow Fever guys have got to stick together......

Anthony,
No numbers yet but soon if it will stop raining here so we can get some miles on the engine.

Larry Macedo,
Can you help us with the flow numbers or is this one of those guarded secrets....

Thanks everyone for the kind words, it is nice to have something that you "selfishly proud" of again!

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
excellent
biggrin.gif
but the car is a little too ricey for me. it has 3 things going for the rice nomination- the color, the gts-r wing (if that is what it is) and the front spoiler adjustable lip. while each one of them cannot win the award, all 3 definately do in my book. i would at least get rid of the front spoiler lip.

what can i say- i am more of the purist type- i think the viper looks a little busy as is..

ofcourse this is strictly my opinion..

alex
02 gts
few other cars

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

This headers have been "coated/polished" so I would not have to wrap them, so I could show them off. This was another GREAT idea from Larry.

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex,

Points well taken I am the spoiler King, front and rear. Go to the website and tell me if it runs a little ricey, I do not think so....

The front spoiler is still growing on me. In person it does not look to ricey maybe actually a little to racey it came off of Gary Lashinsky's VRL racing Viper.

Take care my friend and get out and drive this weekend.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GORGEOUS CAR!! I love everything about it, especially the wing, front lip and those kick *** wheels.

Sounds AWESOME TOO. That would be my dream Viper!!

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anthony,

That one sounds just like the one on the Venom and you can not see it unless you are looking for it. I really like the 4 point design and it would have to be safer. It gives you more places to mount a camera or other things....

ACELLR8 (Ed),
that is a very nice ride you have there also I have been watching your posts over the last few months. You pushed me over the top on the engine powder coating!!!

Have a great weekend Gentlemen!