There are two 2004's on e-bay................

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two 2004\'s on e-bay................

Not sure how these dealers got them before others can even order them ????? One is in Atlanta and has been verified in person by a VCA member to be a 2004. The VIN also shows it to be a 2004. Anybody know how this works ? If something doesn't happen soon I'm going to get cold feet and go back with a Porsche convertable.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: There are two 2004\'s on e-bay................

My guess is.....the dealers can't order 2004's YET, but the first to automatically get them were the stealerships that cried the most when DC announced the cert program and they realized they were out of the Viper business for a year. Any other guesses?

racer rich

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If something doesn't happen soon I'm going to get cold feet and go back with a Porsche convertable.

After hearing this I don't blame you! If you really like Porsche's you should take a look at the new 911 turbo convertible. Not quite my taste, but you may like it.

I don't mean to doubt you, but are you really sure these were 04's?

All the 04's from literally every manufacturer are starting to hit the lots. Now I know the Viper is in a totally different league, but one would think that production would have begun by now.

Oh well. :crazy:

racer rich

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I just got off the phone talking to a salesman at Stew Hansen's Dodge City in Des Moines, Iowa. The salesman confirmed that this IS an 04' Viper! He stated it arrived a week ago.

There are two other listings on eBay for 04' Vipers, and after finding out this information, I believe they are legit as well.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bet these are certificate cars that weren't delivered and the buyers simply said "screw this" and signed em over to dealers.

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is another one on e-bay. Makes three on e-bay now and some of the 03's aren't even getting a bid.

Racer Rich....I doubted the person that first told me and I was wrong. The tenth digit in the vin represents the year, 2004's have red calipers and on one of the e-bay pics of a window sticker you can make out the year at the top. I look for actual orders to start anytime. These 04's were probably placed as 2003 orders and they just ran out of 03's and are filling those orders with 04's. If anyone wants a 2004 then contact me.....I don't think the deal at Ringgold Chy/Dodge will be beaten by other dealers.....if so then you better buy it yesterday.

p.s. I just ran one of the e-bay 2004's through DC's website and it does show up as a 2004 at the CEDAR FALLS, IOWA Dodge dealer.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can't beleive dodge is using the red calipers as a selling point for this car. Very lame IMHO, nothing someone with a can of red engine paint can't duplicate.

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is a 2004 at Marietta Dodge in Marietta, Georgia. This is the ebay auction 1TONY1 mentions. I have been there in person. 2004 on the sticker. Red calipers, and a whopping total price of over $100,000, like $102K and change when you factor in the $2,000 "environmental" charge (wax job and Scotchgard) and the "availability" charge of $15,000 added under the official window sticker.

I guess they want to keep it a while.

I'll check back there in after the auction to see if they honored the high bid.
Dave

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Dave,

As you were there in person, did you see the new cover and trunk mat that is supposed to be included ??

I guess we our number is going to be coming up soon - ARGH can't wait.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know that one of our local (KC) dealers says he is expecting a black '04 SRT any day (did not get any '03's). I am going in tomorrow for some minor service (wheel well inside light cover disappeared!) and will bring my digital camera just in case. As for the red calipers:

You must be registered for see images

Glad to see the MSRP went up too! ;)

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Hans,
I didn't get to see the tonneau or the trunk carpet. I asked if they'd open the trunk and they wouldn't.

The top was up, the windows rolled up and the car was locked.

I still cannot believe I'll own one of these one day. The car is so awsome. I just looked at it for about 10 minutes when I was there.

They had an offer of $80,000 for it, and they turned it down.
Dave

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Hans,
I didn't get to see the tonneau or the trunk carpet. I asked if they'd open the trunk and they wouldn't.

A$$holes !!! When you get yours, be sure to drive it by and remind them that next time they might want to open the trunk.