Thermostat change labor charge?

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Before I start shopping for quotes, whats a good price for labor that I should be paying while swapping out to a 170 degree thermostat and getting fresh radiator fluid? I already the new thermostat.. Any advice?

OP
OP
G

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm contemplating doing this myself. Now, I have done oil changes and spark plug changes on the car and have previously changed the thermostat on another vehicle. The thermostat housing seems pretty accessible from the engine bay. Anyone have a proper write up on this for a Gen 3? My search turned up zilch.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recommend getting an SCT tune that will have the fan come on sooner to aid with cooling. I've done the 170 t-stat on GenII and reprogrammed the fan to come on sooner and has made a noticeable difference.

OP
OP
G

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recommend getting an SCT tune that will have the fan come on sooner to aid with cooling. I've done the 170 t-stat on GenII and reprogrammed the fan to come on sooner and has made a noticeable difference.

Tony,

Already have that tune from DC Performance, hence the reason for the 170 T-stat change.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62