Things to say to admirers?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been told a couple times "its not fast". I just tell them "nah, I paid additional money for the optional 4 cylinder" and smile.

At the hotel I stayed at in Panama City Beach for Spring Break this year, the security guard came up to our room right after we checked in and asked if it was our Viper outside. When I said yes, he told he'd feel better if I parked it in the noparking zone right outside the hotel lobby so someone could always keep an eye on it. Gotta love the special treatment Vipers get you! Then, As we were leaving to go cruising he walked up to the car and said "hey man, if you see me staring at you, I'm really not ***, I'm just staring at the car".

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had a guy do that, OH MY GOD! IT'S A VIPER! HOLY ****, thing with the Gen III. I was surprised, didn't think people would freak over the SRT/10. He said he’d never seen one before up close. I told him he needs to get out more:)

It’s happened dozens of times with the GTS.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a guy ask me if it was a V8 or V10 model once. Then he was insistent that they made production V8 Vipers.

I've had that happen before too.

Just yesterday, someone looked at my 06 Coupe and asked if the side pipes were functional or if I had the option that they offered for a couple of years where the side pipes were for show only and the 'real' exhaust came out the rear.

I gave up correcting them, they all seem to know someone who designs them or builds them and therefore they know more about them than I do.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a guy ask me if it was a V8 or V10 model once. Then he was insistent that they made production V8 Vipers.

I've had that happen before too.

Just yesterday, someone looked at my 06 Coupe and asked if the side pipes were functional or if I had the option that they offered for a couple of years where the side pipes were for show only and the 'real' exhaust came out the rear.

I gave up correcting them, they all seem to know someone who designs them or builds them and therefore they know more about them than I do.

A couple months ago I was at the local hangout spot w/a buddy who had a black C5. This drunk ***** comes over and starts telling me and the C5 guy how we cant drive and then tells me that Vipers really cant be modded and a supercharger would only add about 50HP. He told me all Vipers came stock with 500HP but they're too heavy to be a good 1/4 mile car. He then says a Viper has a high 5 sec 0-60 time. He then started on his "I hate Dodge rant". Then we had to hear about how his dad has a SRT-10 truck and it would beat my car even though we have the same HP rating (remember, he thinks all Vipers have 500HP). I kept on correcting him until I finally said "hey look you know more about my car than I do. good for you" He said "yeah I do" and I responded "so just go on and get the F away from it" Thats the only time I've ever been rude to someone looking at the car but my patience for drunk idiots is extremely low.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: I have to tell them that this was a car I always wanted, and after I got it, I never knew the Club would be more fun than the car. Out here in Northern California, we have 180 members, and we all do things together both club sponsored and not. The part about having the Roe blower is just icing on the cake. ;-)

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"As we were leaving to go cruising he walked up to the car and said "hey man, if you see me staring at you, I'm really not ***, I'm just staring at the car"."

One of two things going on here.

He was looking for the tip for giving your car special treatment.
Or,
He was *** and he thought that was a good way to bring up the subject.

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K. I have the beginnings of Viper conversation anything else we can add?

If they’re hot offer them a ride.

Most people who approach you already have a list of questions in their mind so just answer them.

When you bought it, how fast you’ve been, where you bought it, what year it is.

For race car fans, Vipers at Le mans and the road racing success.

Gas mileage is another big one.

If it is a young kid and you have a safety harness, with their parent’s permission, put them in the car for a few seconds buckled in. The smiles are worth it.

Compliments in traffic, say thank you very much", or "I appreciate that.

Points with ****’s, with young kids, "You know if you want to get one of these you better make sure you get good grades so you can afford it. (Mothers will fall all over themselves to hug you after this one) "In addition: carry a Polaroid camera in the car, put the kid in the driver’s seat, take his or her picture and give the picture to them. You won't believe the response and the subsequent great feeling it gives you. Alternate method: carry a digital camera with you to e-mail them a picture.

Side notes: People LOVE to get in and ******** the ACR belts! Assist females!!!

Can I look under the hood? "Sure! Now see if you can figure out where the battery is."

A new Vette is faster. "True and there are more Vettes made in one year than Vipers have ever been made.

redacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to a cruise night on saturday. I kid no older than 18-19 come up to me. He started telling me that he was looking to buy a viper. I was thinking sure.. because he was walking with friends. He started talking about the viper and he knew as much or more than I. To say the least I was shocked...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4