Thinking about renting a Gen3 in vegas

03gobluecobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? And if so, do you have a company you would recommend to rent from? Before I take the plunge and purchase a viper, I think a full day test drive would be a great idea to make sure this is the car for me.

So far, this is the best deal I've found. The car comes with 100 free miles and 49 cents per mile after that. Daily rate is $450.

http://www.rent-a-viper.com/Exotics.asp

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there I think renting a viper is a good way to how awesome this car is .And if you are going to rent a car in Vegas there are alot of good spots for a nice cruise.There is a place that rents Vipers right on the strip ,it was like a block down from where the Venetian is.The deal you have seems to be a good one.Here is one thing to keep in the back of your mind,just in case they don't tell you when you pull out of the driveway.They will measure the tires before you leave and measure the tires when you come back in.Just so you know when you are doing those hole shots at the lights.You have to remember the tires are about $ 1,500.00 for a set and they are not going to replace them after a $450.00 a day rental.Rent YELLOH :2tu:

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say don't waste your money. Just go to a few dealers and test drive a few. That will give you a good idea of what the car is like and it will save you $450. Plus you might find one to buy when you are looking.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 years ago I spent $250 for a day with a yellow 1995 Viper. Terms were same as you mentioned. It was well worth it (at that price anyway) for me to get a feel for what it was like to have one without a salesman or owner right with me. I didn't beat on it but did a careful spirited ride through Red Rock Canyon. The strip was too crowded to have fun cruising as were the highways.

I had the time of my life renting a Viper for a day in Vegas. It was a deciding factor in following through to buying one.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rent it. Even if the drive changes your mind and you don't buy, you'll always have the happy memory of having a Viper for a day!

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I say don't waste your money. Just go to a few dealers and test drive a few. That will give you a good idea of what the car is like and it will save you $450. Plus you might find one to buy when you are looking.

I don't think many Dodge dealers will let you test drive Vipers, especially new ones. Wasn't that easy for me and I've owned three.

BigSaleen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY DO THIS!!! My friends and I rented a GTS and F355 about 5 years ago from Dream Car Rentals in Vegas. The Viper was about $500/24 hours and the F348 about $800/24 hours. Other than the ********** that my friend hooked up with, he (and I) said that it was one of the best days of our lives. We brought along a video camera to tape the whole thing, drove about 250 miles that day and found a deserted road and taped some burnouts. At night we cruised the strip about 20 times and raced a few people. The next morning we went for another short cruise and then turned the cars in.

I always wanted a Viper and this was my first experience at driving one. I got both cars up to about 170, and it was windy because the Viper window stuck for a while and wouldn't go up. It was a 96 B/W GTS. The F355 was a 94 (I think) and had all sorts of electrical problems but drove great. The speed was NOTHING CLOSE to the Viper but the sound was amazing. The radio didn't work and the shift from first to second put the reverse lights on. It was also nice having the convertible at night on the strip. Viper was the winner, hands down.

I bought a 2003 black SRT-10 about a year and a half ago and just recently sold it. I always wanted a coupe with stripes and the new coupe wasn't out when I got mine. I am thinking red/white or the classic, blue/white. Got to have the stripes.

Back to the rental place. I think the website was www.dreamcarrentals.com. the were really nice, but checked the tread depth and every little mark. The salesperson told me that a **** company had rented a ferrari from them and curbed a rim, charged them $3000. Wonder what they charged to clean the interior of the car after they were done with it. So, be careful and don't damage anything, also, NO VALETS!!!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have rented an SRT-10 twice in the past 3 visits to Vegas. Most recently was about two weeks ago. I always go through Rent-a-Vette. Yeah, I know, but they have all kinds of different cars. They are right down the road from the airport and free shuttle pickup/dropoff from wherever you're at in Vegas. They also have a yellow Lotus Elise I've rented twice in the past. The Lotus draws more attention than the Viper but that's another story.

Right now they have a yellow and a white Viper. Prices are $499/day for 1-2 days or $449/day for 3-6 days. $2,500 for a whole week. 100 free miles per day, $.99 per mile after that. Great bunch of people and I never saw them measure the tread depth before or after I drove it. Make sure you do a careful walk-around before driving it away and point out any scuff marks on the wheels, etc.

Also, someone said no valets. Rent-a-Vette requires you to use the valet service at each hotel or you are on your own if any damage occurs while it is parked. It's cool to be standing there anyway when the valet drives it up and everyone else is waiting for their Chevy Malibu.

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rent it!! You will have a smile you can't wipe off. In 24 hours you can get the feel of the car's environment in and out. Smooth on the throttle though, because your enthusiasm for one day could be dangerous in the Viper...... In the year before I bought my first Viper, I rented 3 cars for one week each separated by about 3 months - Viper (RT-10), Vette, and turbo carrera. Wanted to make sure when buying it was money well spent. This locked the Viper in my sights and I purchased knowing it was exactly what I wanted. Go for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang