Thinking about selling 2002 FE

DviperX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What price should I ask for a 2002 GTS FE? :dunno: 16,000 miles, garage kept in excellant condition, corsa catbacks with 4" tips, brand new tires, smoothie tubes, car cover and short shifter.

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you checked the classifieds here to see about what others are getting for their GTS FE's? Good luck with the sale, and sorry to see it go~~~do you have another Viper?
~juli~

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's been a FE sitting on the market around here for months with similar milage. It's at a VERY reputable dealer, that deals in only collector cars and exotics. Their asking price is $55k, I'd expect they'd sell it for a couple grand less.

Since you're a private party I'd think $50k is a good sale price.

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but the market is seeming to sag a little. I am curious how the GEN II (2002 for that matter, since that is what I am looking for) market will be after the '08s come out.

Matt

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may not make any difference. There is after all a $50k difference between them.

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point was that with the '08s, owners on Gen II cars might be trading them in thus supplying the market.

Matt

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the economy is being corrected all over the place. Housing market is down, interest rates up... meaning more people holding onto their money and opting not to put 50-60k down on what most here consider a seldomly used toy. I drove my GTS about 200 miles in the last year and a half. Would I ever consider selling it... NO WAY!!!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10KingSnake,

I won't sell mine, I'm looking forward to making the last payment in the next few years and then buying another Viper to add to my collection. Housing is down, but I'm in the market for a house and where I live (Bayville, NJ exit 77 on the parkway) the housing market is saturated with roughly 20% of the homes for sale....so it's a feast for me. I should be able to pickup a HUGE bargain.

It's the same way with Vipers, for those of us who love cars, this is the time to buy and I expect in a few years we'll be whining about the car we didn't buy at this time when it was for sale.

Regards,
Aaron

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but the market is seeming to sag a little. I am curious how the GEN II (2002 for that matter, since that is what I am looking for) market will be after the '08s come out.

Matt

I don't think gen 3's effect the price of gen 2s.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the Raffle, the '08s are valued over $100K, could that mean a sticker that high? Seems to me it could. I doubt the Gen II prices will be affected by the '08, different league.

-J