Thinking about trading the Viper..... see pics??

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got back from a nice long cruise through Beverly Hills and I must have had the cars picture taken like 30 times by tourists. Theres nothing like a Viper for getting attention, but then again Ive never had the chance to drive a Ferrari or a Lambo through town. The question I guess would be, if you got the F50, where would you drive it, park it, etc without being worried sick about it? Also you can bet that it if you are going to drive it, you will be spending big $$ to keep it in tip-top shape. Thats one reason I love my Viper so much. If you can, keep the Viper and see how well the F50 serves your needs. Its a great looking car, but I would get an F40, Diablo, or S7 over it.

Also, I thought the F50 only came as a roadster, does the top on that come off?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll concede that a F50 is a better looking car than a Viper (I have said that maybe 1 other time in my life about Diablos). But I dont think the $600k+ or so price difference is worth it. A Viper that costs $40k or so can get attention that some $70k cars can only dream of (are you listening BMW owners? lol). H2's are being driven to every private school soccer match there is, so they have no luster even though they cost $50k. If you are a multi-millionaire and just wanna spend money, hell yeah, buy 2 F50s!! But if you arent wiping your butt w/$100 bills, I say stick with the Viper and find a better way to spend your money.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The F50's engine sounds great, but even though it's rare to find fast cars that are much less practical than a Viper, the F50 is definitely one of them. :eek:

The biggest problem that I have with super exotic cars is that they really lose their value when they are driven. :(

The F50 is a street legal racecar, which means that it doesn't have much power until you get way up on the powerband, and it costs tons of money to repair, and extreme maintenance diligence is NOT an option.

The F50 is a multi-millionaire's exotic toy.
And certainly a cool one.

But with $600K to spend I'd also get 4 or 5 of my favorite performance cars and mod them.
The F50 would realistically be driven maybe once or twice a month, whereas a slew of cool cars could the enjoyed most every day. :2tu: