thinking of selling 2010 acr

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi
Checking to see if there is any interest in my 2010 all black acr. I'm thinking about buying a gen 5. Let me know. Thanks,
Joshua.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, I would totally be interested.

......If I had the bread, and the garage space.

but mostly the bread is the problem.

Unless your car is like mine and is only worth 5 bucks.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^you have 06 venom red bro, possibly the rarest viper ever made. I'll give you $6.
Yes , my car is a 1of 1.

But it has 55,000 miles on it now, and has been a track car for the last 6 years.
There isn't anything wrong with it. -just seems that the 'Viper buying community' won't even consider looking at a car that has over 4,000 miles on it, or has seen any kind of track duty.
....people at the gas station ask if it's new, and are surprised when I say it's an 06. I keep the car real clean and detailed all the time.

Still, 6 dollars is above market value for my car.
This Viper is not an investment or part of a collection, like for some guys.
It is a life experience like no other. There isn't a 'price' that can be put on what I get out of the car.

I don't understand people that sell their Vipers by choice 'just because'.
I understand if it's to upgrade to the newer model, or go old school to the older model, or if health/financial situations in life dictate getting rid of the car.
But guys that sell their Viper out of boredom or lack of enthusiasm for the car, are guys that should have never gotten one in the first place. -they just 'don't get it'.

Leaving it parked in the garage all the time letting the tires dry rot may be the problem for these guys.
....They aren't getting the 'Viper experience' that the rest of us are.
So they sell the car.

Those people have no idea what they are missing out on, .....and they will never know. :(

BlueLIGHTNING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes , my car is a 1of 1.

But it has 55,000 miles on it now, and has been a track car for the last 6 years.
There isn't anything wrong with it. -just seems that the 'Viper buying community' won't even consider looking at a car that has over 4,000 miles on it, or has seen any kind of track duty.
....people at the gas station ask if it's new, and are surprised when I say it's an 06. I keep the car real clean and detailed all the time.

It is a life experience like no other. There isn't a 'price' that can be put on what I get out of the car.

I understand if it's to upgrade to the newer model, or go old school to the older model, or if health/financial situations in life dictate getting rid of the car.
But guys that sell their Viper out of boredom or lack of enthusiasm for the car, are guys that should have never gotten one in the first place. -they just 'don't get it'.

Leaving it parked in the garage all the time letting the tires dry rot may be the problem for these guys.
So they sell the car.

Those people have no idea what they are missing out on, .....and they will never know. :(

AMEN! Don't get it either, no shortage of vipers for sale and prices really aren't going anywhere but lower yet people seem to thing the have the next 427 Cobra in the garage. If I didn't have to drive a truck for work definitely would be my daily driver, make the drive a lot more fun to work.

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^you have 06 venom red bro, possibly the rarest viper ever made. I'll give you $6.
Yes , my car is a 1of 1.

So they sell the car.

Well said! I keep mine clean but drive it as much as possible. I almost hit 5k miles this summer on it in the 5 months I've owned it. Weather is taking a turn for the worse and I wouldn't be surprised if my 100 mile cruise yesterday was its last for the season. I fully plan to put at least 5k miles on it each season. In 10 years that may mean my 50k mile Viper won't be worth as much as a 2,500 mile garage queen, but I guarantee I'll have more stories and memories.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't see the problem with 'driving the car'. :drive:

I'm glad to see that some of you other Viper guys agree. :2tu:

If I were to get the OP's ACR, ....it would also be worth only 5 bucks in a few years. :headbang:

VtotheJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So they sell the car.

I have been considering a Viper but one of the things holding me back is the inability to drive it in Northeast winters (obviously in dry conditions only). So yes, if I got a Viper, would be parked and the tires would rot :( ... not planning to drive like a maniac but I am told it's not even worth driving in any temperature below 50 deg F.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been considering a Viper but one of the things holding me back is the inability to drive it in Northeast winters (obviously in dry conditions only). So yes, if I got a Viper, would be parked and the tires would rot :( ... not planning to drive like a maniac but I am told it's not even worth driving in any temperature below 50 deg F.
Get one and drive the crap out of it when the weather permits. :headbang:

In Colorado, we also have a shorter drive season than some states. March through November for me.
I get the car out on any nicer days so that the car doesn't ever just sit for too long.
But it does not like cold roads. You must be very careful, hence the no fun below 50 deg F. :nono:

-still more fun than not having a Viper at all.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I live in suburban Philly, and yes, if I get a winter day where the roads are clear and dry, I will get it out and SLOWLY take it for a short drive. Yes, the PS2s are like rocks, but if you don't do anything stupid....

I don't believe in letting cars sit for long periods. This is my experience, yours may be different. And, like Allan, my car (2003 with 32,000 miles) is only worth about $5-6!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had both a 2009 and 2010 ACR with Sports Cups and drove them both on cold winter days (dry of course) Drive normally and absolutely no problem. Drive like its 80 degrees out and you'll wreck. And any drive no matter how careful is better than sitting in the house on a sunny but cold day.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had both a 2009 and 2010 ACR with Sports Cups and drove them both on cold winter days (dry of course) Drive normally and absolutely no problem. Drive like its 80 degrees out and you'll wreck. And any drive no matter how careful is better than sitting in the house on a sunny but cold day.

Jon, you nailed it!

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in suburban Philly, and yes, if I get a winter day where the roads are clear and dry, I will get it out and SLOWLY take it for a short drive. Yes, the PS2s are like rocks, but if you don't do anything stupid....

I don't believe in letting cars sit for long periods. This is my experience, yours may be different. And, like Allan, my car (2003 with 32,000 miles) is only worth about $5-6!
If you aren't tracking your car, it may have a market value as high as 20 bucks. :2tu:
Only because of that ridiculous high mileage though.

My car has been tracked, so that makes it closer to worthless. ;)

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Modifications?

I have an '08 vert (black) and I've always wanted an ACR (especially a '10).....

OP
OP

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next phase sent you a pm. Also please anyone else have any
Interested please let me know trying to finish purchase from a dealer on gen v they will sell it to you for the trade in number. Thanks.
Joshua