Thinking of Selling

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you can't base depreciation from MSRP, you have to start from INVOICE. If you paid more than 70K for your car, I wouldn't sell it yet. I would wait till spring.

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the viper market and have been looking specifically at 99-01 ACRs with less than 5000mi for the last 12 months and prices are going down, which is true for all vipers. I beleive that your car is prestine. With 2,655 miles on it is worth between 57,000-59,000. There is a 01 ACR on ebay clean 2144mi, buy now for 59,900. Vipers are not an investment.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the viper market and have been looking specifically at 99-01 ACRs with less than 5000mi for the last 12 months and prices are going down, which is true for all vipers. I beleive that your car is prestine. With 2,655 miles on it is worth between 57,000-59,000. There is a 01 ACR on ebay clean 2144mi, buy now for 59,900. Vipers are not an investment.

Your are right...except, lots of red and yellow, stripes and no stripes...but where is the Dark Sapphire Blue w/ stripes and the ACR package w/ 2,655. What someone said before is right on the money. The car is worth what someone will pay for it. If you want that yellow car then buy it...I didn't like that color as much as my blue, and as far as I can see there are many people who agree. Hence the number of yellows and reds still for sale.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its worth whatever you get for it. Not trying to be a smartass, but it isn't worth anything until you sell it. With the market the way it is and Vipers are hard cars to sell (small market) to begin with you may have it for a while at 65 so drive that sucker and enjoy it. It is exactly what I would like to get minus the ACR package but I wouldn't go for any more than low 50's, not sure what the ACR adds in value but why pay for something I don't want. Good luck in your sale.

P.S. As far as pricing on this forum I always thought people inflated prices trying to keep them high not low balled people.

P.S.S. Gotta love that Sapphire

You must be on something...the car's original MSRP was $90K, so by your offer the car has lost almost $40K in 3 years, I don't think so. I am not out of line here, if you can find one exactly like mine for $52K, then there is something wrong with it. I really don't think you will find one like mine for sale at all. Remember it only has 2,655 miles on it.

As I said I knew nothing about what the ACR adds in value. I was basing my opinion on a straight GTS. So add whatever the ACR adds in value to what I said.