Thinking of trading, is this a fair deal

Phil Lee 94 red RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found a yellow 95 with 12k miles, all stock but radio (high dollar system with c/d changer). Tan int.,A/C.soft top only, ext.service contract. This is at a local dealer in north Austin.
I have a early red 94 with 24k miles, no a/c,no service contract,soft top only, but very clean and well maintaned. Dealer will trade of $8,800. and my car. I know the dealer should make money, but is this a fair deal? All opinions would be welcomed.
The dealer was asking 46k for the car!

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phil Lee, 94 red RT:
I found a yellow 95 with 12k miles, all stock but radio (high dollar system with c/d changer). Tan int.,A/C.soft top only, ext.service contract. This is at a local dealer in north Austin.
I have a early red 94 with 24k miles, no a/c,no service contract,soft top only, but very clean and well maintaned. Dealer will trade of $8,800. and my car. I know the dealer should make money, but is this a fair deal? All opinions would be welcomed.
The dealer was asking 46k for the car!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Personally, I think it sounds fair. Your car has no warranty, no ac, and higher miles. Sometime in the near future you may want to sell your car. It's a tuff sale to sell a car that doesn't have ac. The 95 has more equity with a year less depreciation too. Also, when purchasing a used car it's nice to know you have some recourse with a warranty. I'm not sure how much longer the 95's warranty is good for, you need to check the original inservice date. I have seen 94's without ac selling in the low 30's.

Good luck,
Doug

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RT10/GTSNEED1:
Doug, where have you seen 94's in the low $30's? I haven't seen any unless they have high miles (around 75k plus)
thanks, Tom

Phil, sounds fair already, but obviously the dealer can do better than that....
Tom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Tom --
If you follow the market here in Miami Florida, there are plenty of Vipers available at very good prices. Five months ago, I purchased a '95 'last three hundred side exhaust' car with a hard top and slider windows, for 30K. The car had 17K miles on it and had two curb damaged wheels. I had the wheels here at my shop and just slapped them on. A week later I got an offer I couldn't refuse, so I sold the car
You must be registered for see images

Regards,
Doug Levin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960