thinking this lambo got taken down a notch

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By this red srt10 vert...

to me the red vert just looks awesome in this vid while the lambo is just OK..

But that lambo comes right back with that sweet engine note..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gOx3GFN9PE[/media]

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
silver always hides the car. if that G is any other color that viper would have disappeared, nobody would even notice it.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
perhaps but it is what it is and it looked like the viper stole the show..especially with the top down

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
perhaps but it is what it is and it looked like the viper stole the show..especially with the top down

You are smoking crack again Twister. There were way more people checking out the Lambo than the Viper. I'm sorry but no generation of Viper is going to pull more looks from the crowd than a Lambo. :nono:

You are just trying to bolster your Gen III vs Gen II argument and you've FAILED. :lmao:

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you say no Viper looks as good as a lambo though? Everyone has their own personal favs and i honestly think Vipers are the best looking cars on the planet. Yes,it may be because i own a couple,but i still know what i like.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are smoking crack again Twister. There were way more people checking out the Lambo than the Viper. I'm sorry but no generation of Viper is going to pull more looks from the crowd than a Lambo. :nono:

You are just trying to bolster your Gen III vs Gen II argument and you've FAILED. :lmao:

Honestly your red gen2 would have probally beat it out too IMHO..

You gotta remember that the average person in the US is makeing 30K per year..
And rather you are driving a 180K lambo or a 90K viper makes lil differance to them as they are both cars they will likely never have...Even a used 97 GTS at 33K is more than what the average person will ever be able to finance. especially when the bank says they can only go 3 years on the 13 year old car..

So forget about price and just think rarity and looks. they are both equally rare and if Im not mistaken their have been more G's produced than srt10 verts..

As far as looks too me in that vid it looked like the viper was getting the attention..And fior good reason as the top down looked pretty sinister..

Again your gen2 would have likely done it for me just the same. That silver G just didnt do anything for me personally until he revved the engine..then OMG....

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not talking the Viper down at all. Believe me, I'm one of the biggest Viper fans on the board. I'm just being honest. The Viper is not just not going to pull more looks than the Lambo IMO. The Lambo is more exotic.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's more exotic???

Ive seen 4 srt10 vipers on the street im my life.

A silver a black a yellow and red..thats it period..

Ive seen a blue G and a black G..

To me they are both very exotic/rare

Dont get me wrong seeing the italion supercar here in America is always a treat. But I guarantee when the Italians see a viper on their home soil it is no less of a treat

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not talking the Viper down at all. Believe me, I'm one of the biggest Viper fans on the board. I'm just being honest. The Viper is not just not going to pull more looks than the Lambo IMO. The Lambo is more exotic.

BTW..We have a lambo/Viper owner on this board who says they get about the same attention:drive:

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you say no Viper looks as good as a lambo though? Everyone has their own personal favs and i honestly think Vipers are the best looking cars on the planet. Yes,it may be because i own a couple,but i still know what i like.

Im with you on this one...The only reason the viper dosent cost as much as the G is because it's made by Dodge. Same exact car with the ferrari name on it (think a much faster better looking 550)and the Ferrai VIPER would cost 150 plus K...

Takes more than an Italion name for me to concede victory. Im a big f430 fan but honestly in this vid and this vid only my vote is for the Viper..If thats wrong then I dont want to be right..can I get a AMEN anyone???????????

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

picture.php

You sir are correct. My car is invisible at car shows and driving down the road next to my friend's Murci. I find it hard to believe that if someone had the choice to own either car, they'd choose the Dodge over the Lamborghini. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, however, if my friend said tomorrow that he'd like to trade me vehicles, it would be bye bye Viper. They're in two different leagues.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no one said anything about a Murci...DANG..

Thats a rainbow of a differant color..

Im talking about the G...The one in the vid is a G right????

Aint nothing gonna touch that Murci except a EnZ0 ect.

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the one in the vid is a Gallardo. I was just making a generalization that I believe the average person would tend to dream to own a Lamborghini over a Dodge. We all know that the average person cannot afford a Lamborghini, much less maintain one or pay the tags (the tags on that roadster were $4k a year!). With Vipers in the 20-40k range the average Joe can afford to buy one now. My friend's new Toyota minivan cost as much as I paid for my Gen II back in 2006!

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The average person walking down the street doesn't know the difference between a G and a Murci. To him, they are a Lambo, period.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper is my favorite car of all time hands down. If i had to choose one car for the rest of my life it would definitely be a Viper. With that said, driving my old Murcie vs any of the vipers that Ive had in the past, there is no comparison. Seems like everything else that is going on completely stops to a halt as people just stand there at look at the Murcie. Traffic would slow down and pace with me as I drove the Murcie around. Ive had women follow me for miles so they can talk to me as I got out of the car. Not to mention the ****** gestures I got from women driving by. LOL I love my Vipers but the attention factor doesn't even come close.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sure glad the guy in Florida who traded in his Murcielago to get a SSG Limited Edition ACR instead, doesn't hold with some of your feelings.He and his wife are totally blown away with the Snakeskin beast!

Both beautiful cars , but I do prefer my wedges in the form of cheese, ha.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no one said anything about a Murci...DANG..

Thats a rainbow of a differant color..

Im talking about the G...The one in the vid is a G right????

Aint nothing gonna touch that Murci except a EnZ0 ect.

Here you go...and Yes, my car was invisible at the car show as well... :dunno:

You must be registered for see images

Those are the only pics I've with the G and my car...

LucimerOhmZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually the Evo stole the spotlights, hands down its the best drifting car in this picture.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The average person walking down the street doesn't know the difference between a G and a Murci. To him, they are a Lambo, period.
I was at a full service car wash owned by my ex-employer standing next to a very MILFish woman on the finish line when a Gallardo was pulled up to get dried off. The woman turned to me and said "why don't the doors go [she made a scissors motion with hand/fingers]?" I said "that is the cheap model . . . wait just a second." I had seen a that a Murcielago was getting hand washed on the other side of the building and sure enough - pop around it comes to go into the drying lane. Driver opens the "lambo" door and the lady turns to me and says "now THAT is what i'm talking about!" She cared enough about the difference to learn about it! :D But then again this was North Scottsdale.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

97SNK car looks GOOD! You need some red calipers to make those rims POP:2tu:

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats why I bought one of each. ;) Still love the viper more but the Lambo pulls the crowd.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[/ find it hard to believe that if someone had the choice to own either car, they'd choose the Dodge over the Lamborghini. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, however, if my friend said tomorrow that he'd like to trade me vehicles, it would be bye bye Viper. They're in two different leagues.
QUOTE]

I guess I'm the weirdo then. I'll take any Gen Viper any day over any Lambo. I prefer American torque and muscle over high-strung Italian horsepower. Not sayin' that I'd kick a Lambo Murci out of my garage,:lmao:, but I PREFER Viper. In the looks department, I actually think the Viper is better-looking. Never liked the funny angles on the Lambo. Flame suit on.....:eater:

And 98ViperGTS, your B/W GTS is CLEARLY the WAY hotter car in the photo. No contest whatsoever.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I disagree - I had my VVO Vert parked in front of a wannabe baby Lambo...and the crowd was entirely focused on the Viper. Now, perhaps had that Gallardo been a Murc...it may have been another story.

You must be registered for see images attach

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the Lambos, but the thought of having to work on one scares the crap out of me. If I bought one, I don't think I could afford to keep it maintained. At least with my Vipers, I can tear into them myself.

The ACR stops traffic wherever I go - and I actually don't like that too much. I bought the car to have fun in, and when I'm having fun I'd rather not be attracting attention. I can only imagine what it would be like to drive a Murci around town.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FastestBusa, that is one HOT Viper! Love the VVO, and the wheels. I'm generally not a fan of aftermarket wheels, but those look gorgeous on your car. Perfect example of what I'm talking about - your Viper will turn as many heads as any Italian exotic.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fastbusa Anymore pics of car. Full shots. I can see why a Viper setup like this would command attention from a Lambo. Looks like you need a drop though:)

Its more than just Italian pedigree vs American muscle. Its design vs design. Curves vs angles. I love em both for different reasons. Ive seen Vipers done right that more than hold there own against any Lambo. Javo's old b/w GTS TT Viper comes to mind. Rims and drop is all a Viper needs to hang with the some of the best.

I really think this white GTS Viper holds its own vs the two Italians. However the Italians look stock so not a fair comparo.

But lets be real appearance mod for appearance mod those G's/M's have an edge to most including me. Then again.:crazy2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wheww.....

Seems like Im not 100% ALONE ON THIS...BTW the white with blackstripes GTS is defiently holding it's own..