thinking this lambo got taken down a notch

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The white GTS looks better than that dull black Ferrari or the yellow Gallardo.
I love Murci's and would have one in a second - but the Diablo is still a much sexier car.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
picture.php

You sir are correct. My car is invisible at car shows and driving down the road next to my friend's Murci. I find it hard to believe that if someone had the choice to own either car, they'd choose the Dodge over the Lamborghini. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, however, if my friend said tomorrow that he'd like to trade me vehicles, it would be bye bye Viper. They're in two different leagues.

My friend sitting behind me isn't big into cars. I asked him if he liked the red or yellow car and he said he would take the yellow if it was red. He didn't like the boxy front end of the red car.
:2tu:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend sitting behind me isn't big into cars. I asked him if he liked the red or yellow car and he said he would take the yellow if it was red. He didn't like the boxy front end of the red car.

Your friend is silly. :lmao:

j/k

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's funny you say that. My buddy at work says he doesn't like the Murci or Gallardos either. Says they looks to much like a "spaceship".

My friend with the Murci is an older gentleman and he always gets mad when I tell him how much I love his cars (he had a Ferrari 512TR too). He tells me over and over that my car is just as beautiful and that he went to buy a Viper about 10 years ago and the salesman was a **** and treated my friend like he couldn't afford one. He walked out of the dealership and ended up buying a Porsche. Now I don't know if he's just being nice or not but it sure feels good to hear from someone that owns a 405k car that he'd rather have mine. :)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a wide body Gallardo btw.

Quite aware of that.:) Its the IMSA wide body kit. The equal of that would be a Lemke Serpent but my point in posting was that once you mod both the tables can be turned on which commands more attention.

Speaking of the Street Serpent. I wonder how one would look with the ACR treatment?

supraking85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
living in the uk lambos and ferraris are every day occurances (well every other week atleast)
where as in my 25 year existance ive only ever seen 2 vipers and only one on the streets.
so im pretty sure a gen3 vert would strike up a few looks. and rightly so. the long bonnet would put any lambo to shame (atleast on looks) and the new lambos look so boring

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im starting to like this guy other than his name (joke)

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I have to say the Viper can't compare with the sheer attention wanted or not wanted with either my G or my Murci. I have a pearl orange with black wheels so maybe thats why it gets as much attention as my pearl Yellow Murci. I had my Murci at a high end car show and there was about 30 Ferraris F40 599s and such. I won hands down for peoples choice award. The attention gets tiresome though. I always am nice, but when you just want to get gas and get somewhere or dinner.....I then wish I would've taken the Lexus. Saying that I LOVE Lambos and am very blessed to have them. I also can't wait for my 10 ACR! Viper is my first love:headbang:

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the viper/lambo owners have spoken..guess the debate is over.......

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the Diablo the way I love the GTS, it just has a smoother flow to it. That is why Diablo > Murci/Gallardo and GTS > Gen III/IV/V/VI

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i drive around with a good friend who has an orange G, the heads his cars turns is just silly. ive never seen anything like it..... ever.

the lambo/viper owners have spoken. it has to be true like twister said. and one of them has a silver G and B/W.... that says something right there

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally watched the vid... the girls at the end when they rev! hahah They aren't even that loud.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is the top of the line Dodge.
The G is the bottom of the line Lambo.

Anyone looking at the Lambo dreams of all kinds of possibilities. Most people love to fantasize. So the Gallardo attracts more attention. Even if they can't ever afford it. Plus the variations in color, interior, options, etc are vastly more numerous for the Lambo. So each one stands a good chance of being unique. Take a look at the ebay ads if you don't believe me. Even the interior shots make me drool.

Plus, I am sorry to say (and I know my Viper brothers will hate me for this), the GenIII roadster is the plainest and most boring of all Vipers made. So if that car drew more attention than the Gallardo it either had some serious bling, the G was a salvage or something, or the crowd was UAW workers on their lunch hour.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theirs no such thing as a plain viper.....Plainer than the GTS or coupe or the most over the top vipers the rt10's...Yea..plain compared to other cars on the road...no...

All Im sayin is that in the vid it looked like the srt10 was getting the attention...And it certainly popped a lot more visually in the vid from my perspective...

We all have vipers so yea a gen3 vert is no big deal..But to those people they were viewing too very rare supercars

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, in the video, they drive by a few times. The same people watch each of the cars. Then they come to a stop. And there is a larger group around the Gallardo. Still, doesn't prove anything. Plus I am not sure why you are so insecure that you need this kind of constant feedback as to the worthiness of the Viper.

And yeah, the Viper roadster was so plain that in 2003 most people thought they were S2000's, Corvettes, or one of a half dozen other similar cars.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insecure????
I saw a kool vid and posted my thoughts...Obviously you thought enough to also add your thoughts.

I however disagree with your opinion of a srt10 vert looking like a vette or s2000 ect...

As far as the worthiness of the Viper..Ive got 5 cars and could easily afford somthing else...especially if I just had one sports car and sold the viper and nsx..

The Viper however as far as Im concerned is just the koolest car out their under 150K..

obviously you know were Im coming from since you own two of them and could easily be driving somthing else instead of your two snakes

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry I see you sold the GTS..But for the money you spent on your acr you could have EASILY gotten a used G...

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No differant than if a 03 cobra popped a lil more in a vid than a c6z06.....sure the vette cost twice the price of the cobra but the cbra is a nice lookin ride.....just like a srt is a very nice looking ride

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, in the video, they drive by a few times. The same people watch each of the cars. Then they come to a stop. And there is a larger group around the Gallardo. Still, doesn't prove anything. Plus I am not sure why you are so insecure that you need this kind of constant feedback as to the worthiness of the Viper.

And yeah, the Viper roadster was so plain that in 2003 most people thought they were S2000's, Corvettes, or one of a half dozen other similar cars.

as to the roadster being so plain...Hopefully this will help change your opinion..

Like I sai a vert next to a coupe yea looks a lil plain..But what about next to the 120K ZR1..or just about any lother car other then hard top vipers..

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/638810-my-showdown-zr1-strip.html

That is a sweet looking vert and you know it!

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I just see it differantly..

a 2003 with a 2008 hood looks just like a 2008. Their are no other cosmetic differances what so ever..
Mine personally has the 2008 hood but I think both hoods look good. I actually think the 03-06 hood looks kooler from the drivers perspective cause you can really see the strates in the hood. While i think the 2008 hood looks a lil meaner..

But honestly a red 03 next to a red 08 vert looks exactly the same..

So this vert makeing the zr1 disapear dosent count...WHY???

because it has stripes? You can order verts with stripes

Because of the wing???Barely their and IMHO dosent really improve the looks..

So why is this vert not the same car at all?????

Last time I checked it looks pretty much just like my vert and everyone elses..

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite aware of that.:) Its the IMSA wide body kit. The equal of that would be a Lemke Serpent but my point in posting was that once you mod both the tables can be turned on which commands more attention.

Speaking of the Street Serpent. I wonder how one would look with the ACR treatment?

Something like this:

P1010003wp.jpg

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most people already know my opinion GTS is best car on planet.

Tha being said, "If I was offered a new Lambo in trade for my GTS, I'd take it and sell it, then buy another GTS." All values being equal the car I actually do like the looks of more than a GTS would be the M12. I think that the DB9 is second to the Viper and nicer looking than the exotics. Most of the exotics using a cab forward (like a Intrepid) design are unfortuntely boxy and fat front looking. If I had to pick a second (to the M12) rear/mid engine car it would be the FGT.

I think the SRT in the vid sounds great for a Gen 3, but the Gen 2s Corsas sound best. I suppose that maybe it's because of "the length of the 3" tubing which is what mellows the tone" (Corsa tech). Rear/mid engine cars have short exhaust like the Gen 1, 3 & 4s Vipers.

Alberta is having a speed shootout in a couple weeks and the world's fastest Ferrari (375kph750hp owned by ZRAuto in Calgary) will be the sponsor. I'm hoping that the 298mph/454kph GTS shows up there (rated at 1100hp). Not sure if that is the "world's fastest Viper" but it would sure be a blast to see a n/a GTS win.

Ted

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something like this:

P1010003wp.jpg

That's the ticket:2tu: Love that kit and paint job.

Can the ACR splitter fit that front bumper. Im sure the dive planes and wing will as well but would be a bit different in the aerodynamic dept than a stock ACR and may not look right. Would love to see it mocked up just to get an idea how it would look.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alberta is having a speed shootout in a couple weeks and the world's fastest Ferrari (375kph750hp owned by ZRAuto in Calgary) will be the sponsor. I'm hoping that the 298mph/454kph GTS shows up there (rated at 1100hp). Not sure if that is the "world's fastest Viper" but it would sure be a blast to see a n/a GTS win.

Ted

Whaaaat? - 258mph Viper? Link please. Bonneville car?

Whaaaat? #2 - 1100hp N/A Viper???Link and dyno please.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Vipers but.....the exhaust sound on that red SRT10 vert in the video is really bad ..as are most Gen III...worst I ever heard........but I like Vipers